MFC-101 Modification: Making the best MIDI Controller in the world even better

i was almost tempted to do this mod then remembered i got one of the last extensions from roadrunner. To the OP, way to pave the path!

on a side, looks like sasha with stomp labels has a another line of magnets he could make (plug plug plug). i love mine

raze

Thanks for the idea and the post. I made this modification a few weeks ago and have been really pleased to have the often-used switches right up front, and the lesser-used preset switches (and infrequently-used "reveal" IAs) towards the top. It feels much more natural and is a lot smoother when playing live. After a few times diving into the EDIT menus I'm now used to the locations of the MIDI menu selector and the parameter selector switches, and modifying the layout is second nature now.
Thanks!

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I thought I was going to get an online battering from fanboys, but I'm glad that I've helped fellow MFC users.

Just did this mod, and after only playing for like an hour or so, I must say it feels so much more natural to me to have presets on row 3 and scenes on row 1. It seems though that this really should be in the MFC firmware, something like "PRESET START IA: 1" which is the way that it is now, and setting "PRESET START IA: 15" would make the first preset selector start at IA 11, or first button on row 3. Hope that it happens in the next firmware and we can move our cables back, because it is slightly annoying having down on the 3rd row and edit on the 1st.

Last edited:
Just did this mod, and after only playing for like an hour or so, I must say it feels so much more natural to me to have presets on row 3 and scenes on row 1. It seems though that this really should be in the MFC firmware, something like "PRESET START IA: 1" which is the way that it is now, and setting "PRESET START IA: 15" would make the first preset selector start at IA 15, or first button on row 3. Hope that it happens in the next firmware and we can move our cables back, because it is slightly annoying having down on the 3rd row and edit on the 1st.

I have scenes on first row.
Presets 1 - 5 on 2nd row.
Presets 6 - 10 on 3rd row.

Edit button is on first row.
Down button on 2nd row.
Up button on 3rd row.

Just did this mod, and after only playing for like an hour or so, I must say it feels so much more natural to me to have presets on row 3 and scenes on row 1. It seems though that this really should be in the MFC firmware, something like "PRESET START IA: 1" which is the way that it is now, and setting "PRESET START IA: 15" would make the first preset selector start at IA 11, or first button on row 3. Hope that it happens in the next firmware and we can move our cables back, because it is slightly annoying having down on the 3rd row and edit on the 1st.

Put a request in the WISH section of the forum

I have scenes on first row.
Presets 1 - 5 on 2nd row.
Presets 6 - 10 on 3rd row.

Edit button is on first row.
Down button on 2nd row.
Up button on 3rd row.

So I just did the mod, because I have a Mark II. (Grrr...)

I have to say it works great! What I didn't see in this thread is instructions on how to set the bank size and IA assignments.

So, to get the above mentioned configuration: (After swapping the cables per the OP)

Set Bank Size to 10
Assign IA11 to SCENE1, IA12 to SCENE2, IA 13 to SCENE3, etc.

After the new FW 3.06 upgrade I believe this thread deserves a bump for all the mark-I and II owners.

So does this mean the mkIII supports changing this via software settings? I just bought one but don't have it yet... I remembered seeing the hardware mod a while back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you configure you're external switches to control your scenes? I can't seem to find the CC's for the scenes in the control menu...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the scene select cc#(34) is listed in the I\O cntrl menu, use value o for scene 1, value 1 for scene 2, etc

Back
Top Bottom