MFC-101 MKII???

Great addition, adding Ethercon. I keep my mic stand leg in that area to fend off errant feet, but this looks nice. Good job, FAS.

I actually should take a minute here to commend FAS on this change. With no fanfare, they upgraded the MFC with the one change that separates the men from the boys. While Liquid Foot went (for some unreal and strange reason) from Ethercon to ethernet jacks, relegating their system to the semi pro category.
So well done and much appreciated.

Only wish that someone would have told me that this was in the works when I ordered and revieved my MFC-101 less than two weeks ago! :-x

The only change is the CAT-5 connector is now an Ethercon jack. An Ethercon jack will work with either a CAT-5 cable or an Ethercon cable.
It would be great if Fractal could retrofit Ethercon on both the available Axe II's and MFC, for a fee of course, the Cat5 has been working fine for me, but I worry a bit how reliable it will be with lot's of use.
Cliff, is it possible to send my MFC-101 back to Fractal to have an Ethercon connector installed? I understand that there isn't room to put an Ethercon connector on the Axe II but it would be great to have on the MFC-101.

For European users, the MK II is available now for 50€ more than MK I, why Europeans don't get the same treatment as US customers ?
Seems US guys get a MK II for the same price...

For European users, the MK II is available now for 50€ more than MK I, why Europeans don't get the same treatment as US customers ?

Maybe that have something to do with Dollar vs Euro and a new shipment costing more then the old.
Just a thought.

I don't understand - The website still shows out of stock for me (Canada - since mid July) and I'm on a waiting list for which I've not yet recieved any notificaiton - anyone else in Canada able to order one of these?

Cliff - This would be a great service, AND it would save my marriage!...

My wife tripped on the ethernet cable and broke the the tabs on the jack, so cables can't latch in any longer (I'm back to 7-pin). The only fix is to replace the jack and I don't want this to happen again, or worse, damage the pcb! Alternative is to have my local tech do this...rather it be FA.

Cliff, is it possible to send my MFC-101 back to Fractal to have an Ethercon connector installed? I understand that there isn't room to put an Ethercon connector on the Axe II but it would be great to have on the MFC-101.

I'm guessing they have Mk I stock still and want to get rid of it. If they just ship the Mk I units they have when people order the MFC, they might end up with a few complaints from people expecting to get the Mk II. If they just priced the two versions the same though... really, who's going to order the Mk I? Even if you have no intention of using the Ethercon connection, you'd still go for the Mk II if the prices were the same. So I'm guessing there's a price discrepancy until the Mk I stock is cleared out and then the Mk II price will drop back down to the usual.

I'm guessing they have Mk I stock still and want to get rid of it. If they just ship the Mk I units they have when people order the MFC, they might end up with a few complaints from people expecting to get the Mk II. If they just priced the two versions the same though... really, who's going to order the Mk I? Even if you have no intention of using the Ethercon connection, you'd still go for the Mk II if the prices were the same. So I'm guessing there's a price discrepancy until the Mk I stock is cleared out and then the Mk II price will drop back down to the usual.
That's what i think too, but then they should have downpriced the MK I... I'm gonna wait until the MK II gets to the normal price, 749 €

Back
Top Bottom