MFC-101 Mk III and AxeFx II XL+ (Firmware 18) Name Timeout SOLVED!

shireeshb

Hi everyone,

Just FYI in case you have a problem like I just worked with Charlie at Fractal to overcome.

I was running into the AxeFx Name Timeout issue with my brand new XL+ running Firmware 18 and a new MFC101 running Firmware 3.06.

Bottom line was that the MFC 101 requires firmware version 3.07 to successfully connect to the XL+ and Fractal has mistakenly shipped my MFC with 3.06. Firmware 3.07 introduces a new XL+ mode, which needs to be selected.

If you run into this problem, I hope this information helps!

EDIT: 3.07 is available here:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/support.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info! I was just about to post the exact same issue with my gear (arrived on Monday). Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

Did you happen to get Firmware 3.07? I only see 3.06 available for download on the support page.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Just FYI in case you have a problem like I just worked with Charlie at Fractal to overcome.

I was running into the AxeFx Name Timeout issue with my brand new XL+ running Firmware 18 and a new MFC101 running Firmware 3.06.

Bottom line was that the MFC 101 requires firmware version 3.07 to successfully connect to the XL+ and Fractal has mistakenly shipped my MFC with 3.06. Firmware 3.07 introduces a new XL+ mode, which needs to be selected.

If you run into this problem, I hope this information helps!

Having the same problem...
Can you share the firmware, it's not listed on the main Fractal site yet, and i want to gig tonight!

Thanks
GuitarNut

I really hope that someone responds to this thread with the MFC-101 with firmware 3.07 attached. I really need to get this up and running soon:/

Jarrod Glasby

A note to NON XL users when updating to 3.07. Your unit (MFC) will default to XL and you must manually select the correct Axe unit via the MFC Edit/Setup menus. I think this is what finally solved "Timeout" message error.

Back
Top Bottom