mfc 101 mini amp gizmo evh5150III

scrockel

Hey guys - I have an AX FX MK II, MCF101 MKII and EVH 5150III(100watt). I am trying to use the mini amp gizmo to control the channel switching on the EVH. I've been reading the manuals, searching youtube/the web and just haven't found the answer yet so I figured I'd post here.

So I can make the channels switch if I change the IA's to None/Momentary and then use the CC# for the appropriate switch on the gizmo - no LED though which sucks but channel switching works fine. Problem with this is that I can't switch from say Clean+Reverb to Dirty+Drive as the channel switching is assigned to an IA only. In this scenario I have 1 preset and the following. I guess the term is general use IA switching for these settings.

I have IA01 -None /Momentary - this turns on Clean channel of EVH,
I have IA02 -None /Momentary - this turns on Blue channel of EVH,
I have IA03 -None /Momentary - this turns on Red channel of EVH,

So I thought I'll use Scenes. Well it seems that when I change Scenes there is no Midi data changes detected by the Amp Gizmo when you select a Scene so it doesn't see anything that allows me to save that change.(putting all IA's back to AX Fx mode - IE IA01 is now Scene1 etc and toggle). I thought this would fix my LED issue too.

If I use Presets then there is some kind of midi data that Amp Gizmo sees when I change Presets and I can save those changes on it and go from preset to preset and have it change to whatever Amp channel(on EVH) that I want. This works fine and ultimately may be the only answer(but this will use 3 presets just to change to the channels on the amp that I want and possible Preset change lag).

So is there a way that I can use Scenes and send either a Midi command and/or PC message that I can get the appropriate CC#(that works on the gizmo) so I can use Scenes for channel switching and effects changes without having to use Presets?

I saw a video on the FX8 with an amp gizmo and this guy used scenes and it triggered the amp gizmo for channel switching. Not sure if this is a limitation of the MCF101 and something new on FX8(I think it was PC messages or something) ?

Any other ideas? Hope this all makes sense!

I just want to change amp channels and the combination of effects for each amp channel change. Thanks for reading!! :)

Back
Top Bottom