Fixed Mfc-101 Loses Connection?

Not sure if this is a bug or maybe I need a different XLR cable for the faslink connection, but sometimes the mfc-101 will lose seemingly lose connection and it will only display preset numbers and not names. When this happens you can scroll through the numbers but it does not change any presets - it just says 000,001,002,etc. When it happens I turn off the unit and turn it back on and it works like normal again. Not sure why this happens.

XLR cables can vary hugely in quality so if you buy cheap then you are almost guaranteed to get signal loss. Even some 'not so cheap' cables can be problematic and the longer the cable then the more likely you can encounter issues.

Ultimately, signal loss leads to problems such as those you are describing.

XLR cables can vary hugely in quality so if you buy cheap then you are almost guaranteed to get signal loss. Even some 'not so cheap' cables can be problematic and the longer the cable then the more likely you can encounter issues.

Ultimately, signal loss leads to problems such as those you are describing.
Thx I will upgrade. That must be why.

Looking at your other thread about looper issues you might find it resolves that too.
Regarding the cable, would a monster cable xlr be good enough? If not, what cable would you recommend? I want it to be long enough where I won't have to stand right in front of the rack.

Any decent XLR cable will run your FASLink connection just fine.
It did seem to help, I just checked to update to the latest firmware, I thought I had the latest but i didnt, I reloaded all my presets and used the new xlr cable to connect to the mfc-101 for a hour or so. No crashes or lockups.
Although I have not really tried using the looper for a extended period of time yet. If it does not crash when I use the looper than all my problems will have be solved. I think maybe a big reason it was doing it was because of the cable. And maybe I had a corrupt preset or presets. Thanks a lot for the info, it was very helpful.

It did seem to help, I just checked to update to the latest firmware, I thought I had the latest but i didnt, I reloaded all my presets and used the new xlr cable to connect to the mfc-101 for a hour or so. No crashes or lockups.
Although I have not really tried using the looper for a extended period of time yet. If it does not crash when I use the looper than all my problems will have be solved. I think maybe a big reason it was doing it was because of the cable. And maybe I had a corrupt preset or presets. Thanks a lot for the info, it was very helpful.
In that case, I'd recommend not using that old XLR cable for anything until it's been repaired.

Not sure if this is a bug or maybe I need a different XLR cable for the faslink connection, but sometimes the mfc-101 will lose seemingly lose connection and it will only display preset numbers and not names. When this happens you can scroll through the numbers but it does not change any presets - it just says 000,001,002,etc. When it happens I turn off the unit and turn it back on and it works like normal again. Not sure why this happens.
Had the same issues with X001, X002....
I personally called FAS and Charlie recommended you get an XLR from here
https://btpa.com/Standard/
Get the MIC1 model and I went with a 25 footer, but you can have as long as you need since it's not transferring signal.
FASLINK is THE way to go.

Back
Top Bottom