MFC-101 Lock up

rustyshed

Inspired
Hi everyone,

I have a Axefx3 and 2xl, im still running the 2 live at moment, anyway last night my Mfc locked up on Tuner.
Nothing could exit it, in the end i restarted the axfx for it to clear.
I did have sound but could not seem to exit the tuner display on the MFC.

Is this a glitch or is there a button combo i may have pressed accidentally with my size 11s?

Last edited:
I have not experienced this but unless it happens again I would probably put it down to a glitch on the night. A power dip at the venue or cable to MFC getting knocked or not fully seated might have been the cause. Seeing as the whole thing came good after a restart I'd be suspecting a momentary power dip to the AxeFX

I'd set the whole rig up at home again and leave it running and press the MFC switches for a while to see if it could be replicated (probably concentrating more on the Tuner switch). A sticky or failing switch on the MFC would be worst case scenario and a dirty or failing cable (MIDI or XLR whatever you use) the least hassle to remedy.

If you're using FASLink a tiny little squirt of switch cleaner like DP-60 into the XLR cable ends and then seat and unseat them in the MFC/AxeFX sockets a few times can help clean out gunk/oxidisation.

yeah ok, ive never had it happen before so i was surprised to say the least. I use faslink. but all my gear is in tour grade live in cases so they aren't getting dirty etc. i will test before next show.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a Axefx3 and 2xl, im still running the 2 live at moment, anyway last night my Mfc locked up on Tuner.
Nothing could exit it, in the end i restarted the axfx for it to clear.
I did have sound but could not seem to exit the tuner display on the MFC.

Is this a glitch or is there a button combo i may have pressed accidentally with my size 11s?
That sounds like a bad cable

Sometimes when I restart my axe fx with mfc101 in song Mode after turned it off charged with the 2nd or other different from the first preser into The Banks, it get mute and doesnt work anymore until I restart by turning off with first preset into bank charged. Someone has faced this before?

Sometimes when I restart my axe fx with mfc101 in song Mode after turned it off charged with the 2nd or other different from the first preser into The Banks, it get mute and doesnt work anymore until I restart by turning off with first preset into bank charged. Someone has faced this before?
Do you have a controller pedal for volume?

I had something similar happen... after years of flawless operation it would very infrequently lock up... also would occasionally display these strange characters. Reboot would fix it most of the time.

Ended up being a loose ribbon cable inside the unit. After lots of transport etc must have loosened. I opened it and reseated them all and haven’t had an issue yet. May be something to look at if it continues.

Back
Top Bottom