MFC-101 inside

prometh

Power User
Would someone please upload a photo of the inside of their MFC-101? I'd like to see the internal components and if there's any space for a custom modification.

Also, does the MFC-101's phantom power run on AC or DC?

If it runs on AC, one day when I buy the foot controller, I'd like to add a DC rectifier to power the LEDs in my Mission pedals. Since LEDs don't draw much power, it shouldn't affect the MFC-101's performance.

Last edited:
I have a pedal power plus its DC and it will sorta run on it I have to plug it in for ten seconds it doesnt work then unplug it and then replug it in then it works. All i can think is charging its capacitors enough so that it will boot it up. Meaning not enough amps really so of course i dont use it. But I think proves it will run DC just have to have enough amps to run it. Uses more power then Ground Control Pro because it ran fine on my pedal power plus. Sorry not taking mine apart anytime soon.

The MFC101 will work very well from a 9v DC power supply as long as it has enough current.
There is a mail on here somewhere frim Cliff confirming it will work on AC or DC.
I have fitted my 9v DC (1.5A) supply inside the axefx so when the axe is turned on it puts out 9v DC on the phantom power pins of a 7 pin cable. It works great and I have enough current available to run other 9v pedals on my board if I wish. My axe is out of warrenty now otherwise I wouldn't have done the mod. There is loads of room inside the axe to fit the supply and I am really glad I did it.

curious to see the guts here too. i'm working on integrating footswitches &etc into a one-off live setup, which means if we sprang for an MFC-101 or two then the existing cases would go out the window. well... maybe into storage :D.

Can't bring myself to open mine up. Scared the magic fairy dust will blow away... okay, and scared I'll mess it up too.

Scared the magic fairy dust will blow away... okay, and scared I'll mess it up too.
WH-AT !! You have one of the magic fairy dust models ?!?!?!? Zowee..,,,,those are rare!! Thought that only came with the Axe-II models...

I also had a similar question. I want to know if I can mod the MFC to add an Ethercon connector to it. To me that's the final step to make this a really professional unit. Connector quality is in great part what separates the boys from the men when it comes to audio. And I've dealt enough with broken DIN connectors and crushed RJ45s to know the way I want to go. And Ethercon is THE way to hook up that kind of cable. IMO. I don't care as much about the Axe end of it. I don't plan on stepping on my Axe too often :).

Back
Top Bottom