MFC-101 Footcontroller Frozen no Display with all switch lights displaying Red?

antc01

Hi,
i have my axefx2 connected via network cable andi had the axefx connected via the USB to do some patch editing and i have pulled out the usb cable from my computer while the axefx and mfc 101 were on, the mfc display screen flashed and i then switched the axefx off.

I didnt think much of it, however now that i have turned on the Axefx again, my MFC foot controller now just has all the switch lights on red and nothing on the display? Its dead pressing the buttons dose nothing.

The manual states not to remove the network cable while the axefx unit is on.....it dose not say anything about removing the usb cable from ur computer while the axefx is on. Why would this effect the footcontroller?

Anyone else experience this problem?
cheers,

Change to a different preset on the Axe.. turn it off, then back on.
If MFC is still frozen.. shut down Axe. Find your power cable for MFC and power up that way - while NOT connected to AXE - and see what is working. If all working OK (other than tuner, preset name display) then the issue is likely a corrupt preset on the Axe.
Reconnect via CAT5 to AXe and try again.

I've had this issue with a Mark III since the firmware update. It's heading back to g66 for repair. 3 weeks to 1 month round trip. Only had the thing 2 weeks. :(

20140112_100007.jpg
Hi Jonw, yeah looks like mine is going back also.
I can hear my band mates laughing now! "what u paid how much for a footswitch?! And its dead after 2 weeks!" Lol

Hey guys, sorry to hear of the issues. As you know, it hit me too though my issue is a bit different than yours...but still I'm in the same boat without my MFC. Just remember, at least you guys had yours for 2 weeks....I had mine for about 5 hours. LOL!!!!!

That said, I gotta give a shout out to Fractal support. Seriously guys, I feel for you not being in the US and am sorry it will take so long for you to enjoy your MFC, but support has been incredible to me so far. They keep in touch with me for every little thing and I even got a chance to talk to Charlie the tech who repairs everything. What a great guy...talked to me until I was done yapping, was informative and knows his job well. He said he could count on one hand how many of these have come back in due to the quality that goes into the build...so we just experienced an anomaly.

One thing about me with sales, support and anything that I'm involved in is, I like communication as often as possible. It takes seconds to leave a message, type a message or just touch base with someone who has given you their hard earned money. I can't say enough about my Fractal support experience so far and hope that the working unit comes back to me without any issues. This form of communication they give makes me believe in the purchases I've made with this company so far. I mean lets face it, we have dropped some serious coin on something we only knew sounded cool until you get a unit for yourself and then have to call on "support".

They issued me all the stuff I needed in minutes/hours after contacting them, mailed me like 5 times or more and got my MFC in 3 days. I'm hoping to have my unit back by the end of the week or early next week if all goes well. That really says a lot and is worthy of praise. Thanks for the awesome communication, Fractal and for taking care of everything so fast for me. Though I was upset to have to send my MFC back, you made this as painless as possible thus far. :)

Here's hoping you other guys experiencing issues get yours back safe, secure, working properly and faster than you anticipate. Cheers fellas!

In EU it takes aprox 2-3 days to send it to G66, then 1 day to repair and then 2-3 days to ship it back again.
There is no way it will take 3-4 weeks.

In EU it takes aprox 2-3 days to send it to G66, then 1 day to repair and then 2-3 days to ship it back again.
There is no way it will take 3-4 weeks.
From Denmark perhaps. I'm on the west coast of Ireland Einstein.

I've had this issue with a Mark III since the firmware update. It's heading back to g66 for repair. 3 weeks to 1 month round trip. Only had the thing 2 weeks. :(

I'm experiencing similar with my now dead MFC101 MK III!

No matter which power up I do I have random pixels on my MFC screen or just blank, sometimes I get all red lights & pixel screen. I have no functionality what so ever! I'm In Saudi Arabia & guess its going back to G66! So not happy right now.

Sorry to hear that. G66 will take good care of you though. I'd stay away from mfc firmware updates unless you absolutely need the new functionality.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. G66 will take good care of you though. I'd stay away from mfc firmware updates unless you absolutely need the new functionality.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

How is this related to updates?

I think FAS would issue a warning if it was needed.
Untill they do that I would update whenever I would feel the urge to do so.
Before they do that, I would not try to warn people about stuff that might have absolutelly nothing to do with this.
But guess thats just me.

I think FAS would issue a warning if it was needed.
Untill they do that I would update whenever I would feel the urge to do so.
Before they do that, I would not try to warn people about stuff that might have absolutelly nothing to do with this.
But guess thats just me.

That's fine, and your opinion. G66 (Experts) educated me to the problem.

Hi,

we always recommend to use the latest firmware, no matter if it's for the Axe or the MFC and to use also the latest version of Fractal Bot, Axe-Edit, Cab-Lab and the driver.

Perhaps this was taken out of context, say if a user asks if he has to update now but has an upcoming gig and wants to update later or something like that.

But as I said, usually we always recommend to use the latest versions.

Thanks, best,

Jochen
from G66-support

Back
Top Bottom