MFC-101 Firmware version 3.06 need Help

Hello chaps!

I was having the same problem. I went into the "Setup" mean on the MFC and changed the "Edit" button press setting from long to short and that solved the problem.

Hope it works for you too!

(I'm using an MFC Mark III and XL)

Hello chaps!

I was having the same problem. I went into the "Setup" mean on the MFC and changed the "Edit" button press setting from long to short and that solved the problem.

Hope it works for you too!

(I'm using an MFC Mark III and XL)
Already tried that, Tried the long and short press for all menu options although I don't know how the edit button would help the reveal button as they are separate hardware buttons with separate functions. And did both in both modes. Going to try to flash again to 3.06

Re flashed again. Still the same results. When it was done it defaults to Axe-Fx Mode II not XL. Perfmode is Preset, Bank size 5, FIrst presetSwitch 01, Edit menu short, Looper control Long, Bank style Current, Edit menu short.
Changed default to XL after checking all the menu options above. Still the same. MFC101 Mark III reset, same, Changed looper control mode to short, because this is the same button as reveal and same results, Changed Edit button to long as default was short and no go (don't know why this would work as its a different hardware button than reveal). Set everything back to default, Power cycled. Still the same....................

Last edited:
Going to try to flash again to 3.06| Set everything back to default, Power cycled. Still the same....................

For what it's worth, thank you for doing all this so I don't have to experience the same 'Reveal Bug' with my Mark III MFC as I use that feature constantly. I will keep following this thread to see if it gets moved to "MFC Bugs". I have the AFX II Original and a MFC-101 Mark III. Thanks mate!

For what it's worth, thank you for doing all this so I don't have to experience the same 'Reveal Bug' with my Mark III MFC as I use that feature constantly. I will keep following this thread to see if it gets moved to "MFC Bugs". I have the AFX II Original and a MFC-101 Mark III. Thanks mate!

No problem I'm just trying to get this to work. I have never had any problems with an update before and I always update as soon as the new firmware come out. I always save my existing work and old firmware so I can just flash back to the older one. Cheers

Just to confirm: you did factory reset, right? Specifically:

EDIT
SETUP
PAGE -> (26x)
INCR (8x) until the display says Delete MFC
ENTER
I followed Fractal support
FULL FACTORY RESET OF THE MFC-101

This simple procedure completely erases all data in your MFC-101 and reverts the unit to factory settings. Please make notes or do a SysEx dump if you want to backup your MFC first.

1. Power off your MFC-101.

- Power off the Axe-Fx II if the MFC-101 is connected via CAT5/Ethernet/EtherCON

- OR remove the Phantom-Powered 7-pin MIDI cable from the MFC-101.

- OR remove the AC Adapter from the MFC-101

2. Press and hold the #11 Footswitch.

3. Restore power to the unit.

4. The message "Restore? Press Enter" will be shown.

5. Press ENTER (#14)

The MFC will be reset and is now ready to use.

I have never had any problems with an update before and I always update as soon as the new firmware come out. I always save my existing work and old firmware so I can just flash back to the older one. Cheers

I follow the same procedure and always enjoy the latest firmwares for all the products. Thus why the reveal feature being a pretty important option to myself, once fixed, I'll throw 3.06 on the MFC. Good luck mate and thanks again.

Wouldn't hurt to try the steps I outlined above at this point, right? :) I'm not sure they'll help...but hey...

Gave it a shot. I'm not sure what the difference is in the 2 methods but I still have the same issue. By the way, This issue is the same whether or not I am synched with my XL or not. Reveal does nothing and I still can not step through presets, it is always scenes.

Gave it a shot. I'm not sure what the difference is in the 2 methods but I still have the same issue. By the way, This issue is the same whether or not I am synched with my XL or not. Reveal does nothing and I still can not step through presets, it is always scenes.

Can you do a dump of the MFC and post it? Fractal-Bot will walk you through the process.

Can you do a dump of the MFC and post it? Fractal-Bot will walk you through the process.

I already have dumps as I use MFC edit (supporter since before the fractal merge..lol) but I am not on my DAW as we speak. I will post them as soon as I can get back there.

Doing studio work (not home) so I had to roll back to 3.05 as I still cant get the MFC 101 Mark III to switch presets, only scenes. Reveal still does nothing no matter what I do. Hopefully by the time I get back M@ and FAS will be back Monday and I can look into this further. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Following this one to see how it turns out... Wondering who else is having this issue. Was about to update today... waiting to see if this is a bug. But... if it is... it's a pretty up front and noticeable bug, so it would have been noticed for sure in testing, so I have to think there is a corrupt file or something... ?

I know this a dumb question... but I didn't see it directly asked or answered... You tested ALL the switches on the MFC right? Preset changes aren't in any of the rows? (forgive me... just trying to gain clarity for myself)

Following this one to see how it turns out... Wondering who else is having this issue. Was about to update today... waiting to see if this is a bug. But... if it is... it's a pretty up front and noticeable bug, so it would have been noticed for sure in testing, so I have to think there is a corrupt file or something... ?

I know this a dumb question... but I didn't see it directly asked or answered... You tested ALL the switches on the MFC right? Preset changes aren't in any of the rows? (forgive me... just trying to gain clarity for myself)

Yep tested all the switches. Up and down Incr / Decr do presets up down by 5 like they always did. 1-5 now does Scenes and 6- 15 do effects like they always did. Tap-16, tuner17 and edit all work as they always did. Reveal = Holding it long does Looper, short turns the led to green blinking but does not change anything as far as switches. 1-5 remain scenes and 6-15 are effects. the others are the same as well.

Back
Top Bottom