MFC-101 Firmware version 3.06 need Help

Gamechanger

Inspired
(Solved using a workaround) MFC-101 Firmware version 3.06 need Help

Updated MFC-101 Firmware version 3.06. Didn't change any settings on my XL. Plugged my faslink back in after update and rebooted the XL. Switches 1-5 are now Scene controllers 1-5 and not presets. Increment up down do 5 presets each press. I am not using the new TX map. How do I get to my other presets now by the Mark 3 ? Reveal? does nothing. What am I missing? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Looks like you ended up with it reset to the factory defaults. You'll need to edit IAs 1-5 to change them back to what you had them to. And then set the bank size to be what you want -- 0, 1, 5, 10, 15, 17...

That's just it. I did not change anything from default Ever. I use the 101 set to factory. The bottom 5 switches always were presets 1-5 now it is scenes 1-5
The version I updated from was the last one posted.

Hmm. What you're seeing is, as of 3.06, what a factory fresh MFC should look like -- with scenes, IAs and a bank size of 5. The factory default has mutated, I'm sure of that from our testing rounds we did for Admin M@.

Hmm. What you're seeing is, as of 3.06, what a factory fresh MFC should look like -- with scenes, IAs and a bank size of 5. The factory default has mutated, I'm sure of that from our testing rounds we did for Admin M@.

So reveal does nothing now? and you can no longer step between presets?
On 3.05 1-5 were presets and when you hit reveal you would get scenes at 1-5 and inc up and down went 5. Now it is as if the reveal switch is pressed and 1-5 default to scenes but when you press reveal it does nothing.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's a bug for mark I and II MFCs.

Can anyone else confirm?

This is a new mark III.
Re flashed to 3.05 and every thing works like it should. 1-5 presets, reveal 1-5 scenes
Re downloaded 3.06, flashed again and same thing. 1-5 scenes, reveal does nothing.
Flashed back to 3.05 and its back to default. 1-5 presets, reveal 1-5 scenes

So reveal does nothing now? and you can no longer step between presets?
On 3.05 1-5 were presets and when you hit reveal you would get scenes at 1-5 and inc up and down went 5. Now it is as if the reveal switch is pressed and 1-5 default to scenes but when you press reveal it does nothing.

No, reveal should work as always, but make sure it's set up to be a short press for reveal, not a long press for reveal.

In M@'s notes it says;
1. The MFC-101 Mark III now allows you to move the preset switch range to anywhere on the board by designating the FirstPresetSwitch. All switches below the first preset switche will be Instant Access Switches. With this, you can move the 5 default preset switches to row 2 or row 3 and use the lower rows for instant access. So for example, to use footswitches 11-15 as presets set FirstPresetSwitch to 11 and Bank Size to 5.

I don't see in the notes that 1-5 have been changed to scenes. It just says that now you can change the position of presets to another row(instead of opening up the unit and swapping the cables). and the default in the settings First preset switch =1 and bank size is 5 so it should remain just like it was in 3.05 unless you change it like in his example above from the notes. I'm stumped. Going to roll back to 3.05

Updated MFC-101 Firmware version 3.06. Didn't change any settings on my XL. Plugged my faslink back in after update and rebooted the XL. Switches 1-5 are now Scene controllers 1-5 and not presets. Increment up down do 5 presets each press. I am not using the new TX map. How do I get to my other presets now by the Mark 3 ? Reveal? does nothing. What am I missing? Thanks for the help.

Not just me then. Currently experiencing exactly the same problem.

Did the same tests, flashed in the 3.06 golden that Matt left the link for and it works fine. Only difference I can see is that I have an Axe-Fx Mark II, not the XL.
FWIW

Back
Top Bottom