MFC-101 Firmware 3.05

Do we need to update the MFC with 15.02 I spent all day yesterday resetting some of my amps, everyone I did sounded sooo good it was about 4-5 hours later and iI had to stop

Thanks for your kind and fast reply :) .
I downloaded the right file. When using the MFC-101 firmware update for MK3 the problem is not solved, but when I choose the MK2 firmware update that window does not appear anymore. I can't understand why because on my MFC-101 is written "MARK III"...Anyway, I didn't do the upgrade because I'm afraid of possible errors or something else...Should I update it with the MK2 origin? Or is better to contact the Fractal Support?

Thanks for your kind and fast reply :) .
I downloaded the right file. When using the MFC-101 firmware update for MK3 the problem is not solved, but when I choose the MK2 firmware update that window does not appear anymore. I can't understand why because on my MFC-101 is written "MARK III"...Anyway, I didn't do the upgrade because I'm afraid of possible errors or something else...Should I update it with the MK2 origin? Or is better to contact the Fractal Support?

:eek:

Absolutely contact Fractal support for guidance and do not attempt to update a MKIII MFC with FW for a MKII MFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

MFC-101 Firmware 3.05
Axe-Fx II XL Firmware 15.02
TOTAL SYNC is turned off.
Still cannot go over 384 on mfc(Display Offset is on in both XL+mfc)
Any ideas?

Worst update ever!!!! Followed the instructions, installed using my axe fx XL as midi interface and now my MFC i completely useless??? WTF Fractal :( I get two weird signs and a blinking square when i restart. Been trying for hours now to get it to work, but no go...

Worst update ever!!!! Followed the instructions, installed using my axe fx XL as midi interface and now my MFC i completely useless??? WTF Fractal :( I get two weird signs and a blinking square when i restart. Been trying for hours now to get it to work, but no go...

I had to use a USB to midi interface to get mine to update. I tried everything and spent HOURS trying to update through the Axe midi, and no go.

Maybe try that if you can, or contact support.

I've had good luck updating like this:

Use the power supply( the one that came with it) to power the MFC during updating and use a MIDI cable from the Axe II out to the MFC in. In the I/O of the axe go to MIDI page then, set USB adapter to None, and Send Realtime Sysex to on. then do the update with the MIDI cable only connected to the MFC. Change the axe I/O setting back when done, then power down and change back to the ethernet cable, Be sure not to use the power supply and the ethernet cable at the same time.

Exactly how I did it JimmyG, but my MFC appearently was not to save. Have just received my new one today! As always, Fractal's customerservice gets 10 out of 5 stars ;)

I have had numerous issues updating the MFC-101 Mark II over the course of ownership (2 years now). I am deathly afraid of updates as I always seem to get an error at least 4 times in a row and then something happens in my favor. Once I had $$$$$$ across the screen and I had to send it in for warranty repair. I don't know what's wrong but something has got to change in regards to updating the MFC. Perhaps it's because I too use the Axe-II as the midi interface...but if that is the problem, then something should be done about it or FAS should rigorously test the units to see if there is a problem as such. I am tempted to try the Focusrite 18i8 interface for this update as I do need to update my MFC. I'll report back if I have any luck.

Thank you

Have you done a reset after the update?
Hold down sw11 while powering up the MFC and then press enter (sw14).

Thank you so much for this....god I was doing multiple updates and not doing this step.

Back
Top Bottom