MFC-101 Firmware 3.05

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

MFC-101 Firmware 3.05 has been released on our web site.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/support.php

3.05 adds the ability to access all presets of the Axe-Fx II XL through the "Axe-Fx Tx Map" feature.

The MFC-101 itself still has 383 presets, but you can now map any MFC preset to any Axe-Fx II XL preset.
Please note that you need to turn off TOTAL SYNC on the MFC for this work.)

3.05 also includes several bug fixes detailed in release notes.

Important: The 3.05 download includes separate different installable .syx files for the MFC-101 Mark III and MFC-101 Mark II or Original.

Wow I am impressed at how you guys do stuff at FAS. You guys seem to really give a crap about your customers. Never have I purchased ANYTHING that had so many tweaks, updates, add-ons etc... so often. Took Roland, line 6 and well every other manufacturer forever, if ever to even fix bugs ! I am a Fractalite for life ! :encouragement:

Thanks M@,

Any news on the feature to be able to remap the preset selector buttons to not start on IA1? I'd love to be able to select presets on the second or third row on the MFC!

Cheers

Johan

great after sales service as always!
i just read through the release notes and it seems that there is no real need for me to update my mk2 unit.
anyone can help confirm that not updating will have no negative effect on the functionality of the mfc?

Apparently if you update the firmware and accidentally unplug one of your foot controllers and try to use it then it will not work.

Then you'll spend like 20 minutes blaming it on the damn firmware and going through the setup and all the menus and crap before you figure out that you are an idiot.

Obviously a serious bug on FAS's part. :)

great after sales service as always!
i just read through the release notes and it seems that there is no real need for me to update my mk2 unit.
anyone can help confirm that not updating will have no negative effect on the functionality of the mfc?

When it says "other minor changes and fixes" I would think that meant you are better off updating.

Per the notes:
WHAT’S NEW (Note: This covers fixes which were also released internally as 3.04)

2. Fixed bug where the LED for the current SCENE wasn't turning on when exiting Looper Control Mode.
3. Fixed a bug where “Revealed” IAs weren't being saved when using the Save Edits footswitch.
4. Other minor changes and fixes.

Anyone else unable to update? Name timeout, Error 16. Having problems. Gig this weekend... panic setting in...

Okay, problem solved by going back to ethernet. Yes, I switch the ins/outs of the MIDI cables after the update. Still got name timeout.

Everything is fine now... I hope. Have tomorrow to play with it.

When it says "other minor changes and fixes" I would think that meant you are better off updating.
i was kind of hoping to avoid an update.
unlike updating the axe fx firmware which is quite straightforward, updating the mfc is not only just a step away from rocket science, there are all these error codes to contend with...

just to share what transpired an hour ago:
- set up the axe fx as a midi interface (sysex to all and usb to on) and connected to laptop
- set the mfc101 to fw update mode
- connected midi cable from axe fx midi out to mfc midi in
- launched the fractal bot (left buffer at 150ms)
- sent new firmware
- process started until aroung 60%, error #6 appeared on mfc, fractal bot showed transfer still progressing
- when fractal bot completed process, reboot mfc
- error #14
- reboot mfc
- error #14
- sh*t in pants
- set mfc to fw update mode
- reduced buffer to 90ms and restarted update
- fractal bot continued to show process % increasing
- mfc showed 0% complete
- repeated update with 50ms buffer
- mfc showed 0% complete
- mopped sweat profusely
- reverse midi cable direction (why? i dunno...)
- re-updated with buffer back at 150ms
- success!
- change pants
- noticed tempo switch not blinking... what the hell!!??
- oops! took axe fx out of midi interface mode
- all's ok now, whew!!

there really has got to be a way to make the update process less terrifying...

by the way, at the bottom of page two of the mfc fw update guide, i think para 2 should read " 2. Power on the MFC-101 (not Axe-Fx II) while holding footswitch #1 to boot the MFC-101 into Firmware Update Mode."

Wow I am impressed at how you guys do stuff at FAS. You guys seem to really give a crap about your customers. Never have I purchased ANYTHING that had so many tweaks, updates, add-ons etc... so often. Took Roland, line 6 and well every other manufacturer forever, if ever to even fix bugs ! I am a Fractalite for life ! :encouragement:

Yep I agree. Its amazing to find an amazing product these days WITH support thats its equal... :)

i was kind of hoping to avoid an update.
unlike updating the axe fx firmware which is quite straightforward, updating the mfc is not only just a step away from rocket science, there are all these error codes to contend with...

just to share what transpired an hour ago:
- set up the axe fx as a midi interface (sysex to all and usb to on) and connected to laptop
- set the mfc101 to fw update mode
- connected midi cable from axe fx midi out to mfc midi in
- launched the fractal bot (left buffer at 150ms)
- sent new firmware
- process started until aroung 60%, error #6 appeared on mfc, fractal bot showed transfer still progressing
- when fractal bot completed process, reboot mfc
- error #14
- reboot mfc
- error #14
- sh*t in pants
- reduced buffer to 90ms and restarted update
- fractal bot continued to show process % increasing
- mfc showed 0% complete
- repeated update with 50ms buffer
- mfc showed 0% complete
- mopped sweat profusely
- reverse midi cable direction (why? i dunno...)
- re-updated with buffer back at 150ms
- success!
- change pants
- noticed tempo switch not blinking... what the hell!!??
- oops! took axe fx out of midi interface mode
- all's ok now, whew!!

there really has got to be a way to make the update process less terrifying...

by the way, at the bottom of page two of the mfc fw update guide, i think para 2 should read " 2. Power on the MFC-101 (not Axe-Fx II) while holding footswitch #1 to boot the MFC-101 into Firmware Update Mode."

Well,

All I did was follow the simple instructions and mine updated with no issues at all... Took about a minute or less. I didn't touch the fractal bot settings. I used and older Midisport 4x4 hooked into my 2010 iMac. Mine (MFC-101)is an older version one unit too. Im not sure I would have used the Axe FX II as my midi interface, not only because there is a lot going on there anyway, but its also hooked to the MFC-101 via the network cat 5 as well. I just find using a dedicated midi interface designed for interfacing midi objects together a better choice (for me). YMMV. So maybe its what you are trying to use to update with, and not the MFC-101 itself, cause I had no issues at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom