MFC 101 - faster preset loading ideas or options? ?

Long time Fractal user here. I have an AXE XL+ and newest MFC with latest firmware....my question:

How can I get presets to load faster when I preset down on a button? (less the lag time)

And, options of other midi foot units??

How are you connecting it? I currently use preset mode with bank size 0, and it loads the next preset faster then I can lift my foot from the switch. Same thing with song mode and set mode. I connect my mfc with a standard XLR cable, but I have learned that the quality of this cable can make a difference in performance.

Long time Fractal user here. I have an AXE XL+ and newest MFC with latest firmware....my question:

How can I get presets to load faster when I preset down on a button? (less the lag time)

And, options of other midi foot units??
how slow are they now?

The MFC-101 transmits data at 3,131.4 bytes per second, or 25,051.5 bits per second - give or take - including the latency of converting the MIDI signal to a USB signal. I sincerely doubt that the preset switching latency is the MFC-101's inability to quickly transmit.

(Disclaimer: These transmissions rates were measured while taking a sysex dump from the MFC-101)

Uhm, seems I only noticed it at home - while connected to Axe Edit . . .oops!

Thanks guys!

So, if you use the "pause" feature, you don't have to close the app, or disconnect.

Would be a giant step fwd if they could work better together in real time IMO. I've just got into Axe Edit heavily lately (was mostly a green screen front panel guy, but I got a MSFT Surface Pro 4 and love the ability to "touchscreen" the knobs although getting a "good" value is hard with touch screen; not so precise and I have to often use a keyboard (uggh).

I love both products, just want to see as much development/advancement as is reasonable for FAS.

Would be a giant step fwd if they could work better together in real time IMO.
They used to, and it eventually became a lot of spaghetti code in AE.
I even put a HOWTO page up on the old wiki (back in 2011) on how to get both working together.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Template:MFC_And_AxeEdit_Working_Together

That method is no longer valid with the AF2 series and AE as the polling methodology changed.
Much like offline editing (with its associated challenges), I don't see it coming back any time soon.

They used to, and it eventually became a lot of spaghetti code in AE.
I even put a HOWTO page up on the old wiki (back in 2011) on how to get both working together.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Template:MFC_And_AxeEdit_Working_Together

That method is no longer valid with the AF2 series and AE as the polling methodology changed.
Much like offline editing (with its associated challenges), I don't see it coming back any time soon.

Thank you for that - it explains a lot that I didn't appreciate.

Although, I must admit it hasn't dampened my desire to see this readdressed, but at least my expectations are lower ;)

Thank you for that - it explains a lot that I didn't appreciate.

Although, I must admit it hasn't dampened my desire to see this readdressed, but at least my expectations are lower ;)
sure..but since both AE and the MFC are essentially "controllers" (software vs hardware), one HAS to be primary... so you see the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom