• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

MFC 101 - faster preset loading ideas or options? ?

Long time Fractal user here. I have an AXE XL+ and newest MFC with latest firmware....my question:

How can I get presets to load faster when I preset down on a button? (less the lag time)

And, options of other midi foot units??

paranoid

Fractal Fanatic
How are you connecting it? I currently use preset mode with bank size 0, and it loads the next preset faster then I can lift my foot from the switch. Same thing with song mode and set mode. I connect my mfc with a standard XLR cable, but I have learned that the quality of this cable can make a difference in performance.

chris

Legend!
Long time Fractal user here. I have an AXE XL+ and newest MFC with latest firmware....my question:

How can I get presets to load faster when I preset down on a button? (less the lag time)

And, options of other midi foot units??
how slow are they now?

bwanagary

Administrator
The MFC-101 transmits data at 3,131.4 bytes per second, or 25,051.5 bits per second - give or take - including the latency of converting the MIDI signal to a USB signal. I sincerely doubt that the preset switching latency is the MFC-101's inability to quickly transmit.

(Disclaimer: These transmissions rates were measured while taking a sysex dump from the MFC-101)

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
Uhm, seems I only noticed it at home - while connected to Axe Edit . . .oops!

Thanks guys!

So, if you use the "pause" feature, you don't have to close the app, or disconnect.

Would be a giant step fwd if they could work better together in real time IMO. I've just got into Axe Edit heavily lately (was mostly a green screen front panel guy, but I got a MSFT Surface Pro 4 and love the ability to "touchscreen" the knobs although getting a "good" value is hard with touch screen; not so precise and I have to often use a keyboard (uggh).

I love both products, just want to see as much development/advancement as is reasonable for FAS.

s0c9

Would be a giant step fwd if they could work better together in real time IMO.
They used to, and it eventually became a lot of spaghetti code in AE.
I even put a HOWTO page up on the old wiki (back in 2011) on how to get both working together.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Template:MFC_And_AxeEdit_Working_Together

That method is no longer valid with the AF2 series and AE as the polling methodology changed.
Much like offline editing (with its associated challenges), I don't see it coming back any time soon.

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
They used to, and it eventually became a lot of spaghetti code in AE.
I even put a HOWTO page up on the old wiki (back in 2011) on how to get both working together.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/gen1/index.php?title=Template:MFC_And_AxeEdit_Working_Together

That method is no longer valid with the AF2 series and AE as the polling methodology changed.
Much like offline editing (with its associated challenges), I don't see it coming back any time soon.

Thank you for that - it explains a lot that I didn't appreciate.

Although, I must admit it hasn't dampened my desire to see this readdressed, but at least my expectations are lower ;)

s0c9

Thank you for that - it explains a lot that I didn't appreciate.

Although, I must admit it hasn't dampened my desire to see this readdressed, but at least my expectations are lower ;)
sure..but since both AE and the MFC are essentially "controllers" (software vs hardware), one HAS to be primary... so you see the challenge.

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Vendor
Top Bottom