MFC 101 display dims out completely

Mark Cullen

Inspired
Hey guys,

I have an issue with my MFC 101 Mk III.

A few days ago I noticed the LCD screen getting hard to read. Now it has gone so dim I can no longer read it. It.s not dead because it shows a little when I change patches, and in the power up sequence.

I have the Display Contrast set to 10.

The LED's on the unit are still crazy bright.
The unit is still operational.
I am powering it through a 7 pin MIDI cable (with the proper Fractal Audio Power Adapter)

Any thoughts?

When you say it has gone dim, do you mean the contrast isn't there or could it be that the backlight has failed?

Actually, yesterday the problem had progressed to this:
When I plugged in, the unit went through it's power up sequence with the led's, then went dead. No led's lit and mo screen.

I tried several times to power it up with the same result.

Just pointing you in the right direction... So no worries.
Here's hoping you get a quick fix. FA are usually pretty hot on sorting stuff out once a ticket is raised.

Hello Mark,

Did you get a fix through the ticket?

I was browsing this forum because of the exact same issue.

Regards,

Hi flageolet,

I had to send the unit to FAS. They fixed it for me, but I recently had to send it back again for the same issue.
Also, the one I borrowed from a friend while mine was getting repaired seems to have developed the same problem!
My one has now been repaired and everything works perfectly, but now I have to send my friend's one in :mad:

Thx for the reply.

After some communication with the European Distributor, It seems I'll also have to send it back.

two in a row. maybe a coincidence but I would take a look at the midi cable and the power supply, just to make sure that the power is not causing this. I have had voltage loss with xlr cables using fas link that did not hurt my unit (knock on wood but it did have light dimming and response problems until the cable was swapped.

Back
Top Bottom