MFC-101 dimension reference

jflotrogdor

Since I haven't seen a super detailed listing of the size dimensions for the MFC, I thought I'd throw this on here for storage purposes to anybody who wants them. Please note that this is only for the Mark III version of the board, but it accounts for everything (the height of the foot switches and feet, the output jacks, etc.), meaning these are the maximum dimensions you would need to keep in mind.

U.S. Standard (inches) - 15 3/4" x 10 5/16" x 4 1/16"
Metric - 40 cm x 26.2 cm x 10.32 cm

I bought a padded rack drawer for my rack case so I could store mine while in transit, but quickly discovered that it barely fit. Hopefully this helps others in their choices to keep their MFC's protected. Cheers!

I used a Gator 3 unit drawer with 1/2" pick and pack foam (they sell one that comes with the foam, it's like $130). They're available at a number of retailers. I got mine off of ebay, but I know Musician's Friend and Amazon carry them as well. I had remove a lot of foam to get it to fit, but the pic below is the end result. Like I said, it fits but only just. It'll do what I need it to though as it's pretty snug. Also, be advised that this setup is prone to tipping when the drawer is fully extended and the MFC is loaded, at least in my 6 unit rack. Hope this helps!
20140221_191525.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom