MFC-101: Copy All or Part of Preset to other Presets - MFC-Edit

bwanagary

Administrator
A quick how-to copy some or all parameters from one Preset to another (or others) using MFC-Edit.

"How can I copy my IA Switch/External Switch/Pedal/whatever settings from one Preset to another?" - is a question I get often enough that I thought it was time to post a quick how-to. This can of course be done on the MFC-101 itself and the MFC-101 owner's manual covers that procedure thoroughly. Here's how to do it using the MFC-Edit program. This how-to assumes you know how to dump and restore SysEx files to/from your MFC-101; if not, its covered in the MFC-101 Owner's Manual, section 12.5.25.

Some things you can quickly do with Copy/Paste Preset parameters in MFC-Edit are:
  • Copy an entire Preset to one or many other Preset locations
  • Copy just IA Switch configurations from one Preset to one or many Presets
  • Copy just the External Switches & Pedals from one Preset to one or many Presets
  • Copy just the Internal CCs from one Preset to one or many Presets
  • Copy just the Program Change map from one Preset to one or many Presets
  • Copy just the Custom MIDI Message from one Preset to one or many Presets
  • Copy just the Alternate Preset from one Preset to one or many Presets
  • Copy any combination of the above from one Preset to one or many Presets
Here's a quick picture of the PRESETS screen indicating the COPY/PASTE button:
PRESETS-annotated-Copy-Paste-Button.jpg

When you want to copy a Preset, or certain parameters of a Preset to another Preset or Presets, first select the Preset that you want to copy from. Then press the Copy / Paste button as indicated above. Pressing the Copy / Paste button will result in the following window popping up:
PRESETS-Copy-Paste-popup.jpg

You will be presented with the list of all of your Presets. Simply click on the Preset that you want to select for the PASTE operation. All the selection conventions are available; CTRL-Click to add or remove any Presets to/from the list of destinations; SHIFT-Click to add or remove a range of Presets.

To the right of the Presets list is a group of check-boxes. Check the boxes corresponding to the parameters that you want to paste into the selected Presets. Check the Paste All check-box to paste everything from the current Preset to the selected Presets.

Press the PASTE button to complete the operation or press CANCEL.

Of course, once you have finished editing your SysEx file remember to Save it and transmit it back to your MFC-101.

If this kind of how-to is useful "Like" it and I'll know to create how-to's for other popular questions.

Back
Top Bottom