MFC-101 + Axe-Fx III: How to momentary switch to other channels

negativefx

Inspired
Hi all,

Not sure how to get started on this, looking for some guidance on how to do this type of configuration. I'm still learning MFC-101 programming beyond Axe-FX II XL+ mode so I'm pretty new to most concepts.

I run a fairly simple setup at the moment for my bass rig, as my foot control options are limiting what I used to do on the XL+ due to my inexperience with programming the MFC. To keep in the scope of what I'm trying to solve, I'll pare it down to the following. Note that I am setting some constraints ("one preset, one scene", for example) to keep focused on this particular problem, so ideally I don't want solutions that require adding more scenes or presets.

One preset, one scene
One drive pedal, three channels (A,B,C)
One amp, three channels (A,B,C)
One cab, three channels (A,B,C)

Now, what I'd like is for a momentary switch that allows me to toggle from channel A on both amp and cab over to channel B while I'm pressing down on the switch, and have it toggle both back to A when I let off the switch.

I see that I can assign a CC to channel for Amp and Cab blocks, but wouldn't that cycle all the way through A/B/C/D?

FWIW, I intend on having this switch do a similar channel switch to certain pedals, amps, cabs, etc. on various scenes and presets. Ex: In preset 1 scene 1, it does the amp/cab toggle as described above. However in preset 1 scene 2, it may temporarily engage a drive pedal and then bypass it upon release.

Ultimately, I'm going to run the bottom row of switches on my board to be:

1: <momentary switch as described above>
2: Scene 1
3: Scene 2
4: Scene 3
5: Tuner
UP/DOWN: cycle presets

Upper three rows will be used for various other purposes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom