MFC-101 and Wah, SP-1 Preset Change Problem

Misfit74

Has anyone else had an issue with their MFC-101, Axe-Fx II XL +, and Mission SP-1 pedal having the Wah block lock on and affect negatively a preset change? I use a boosted lead patch with Wah/Vol in two separate (rhythm and lead) presets. When I switch back to my rhythm patch and if I don't turn off the Wah before switching it doesn't load the rhythm patch and Wah stays on, along with the lead patch despite a button press to the rhythm preset. I have to cycle the power to resume use during a show or rehearsal. Is it mandatory to turn the Wah off before switching? Not sure what's happening. Please help, thanks in advance.

I'm using the BegPDL setting for Ext1 and Ext2 any time I use a Wah/Volume single (physical) pedal setup.

Axe-Fx II XL +
Mission SP-1
MFC-101 Mark III

[Forgive me if I double posted (also in bugs thread), wasn't sure it was in the right place.]

Your description sounds normal. The MFC will send the current switch state with the BegPDL setting. (I assume you're using an XP port for the switch.) This will switch the wah on in the new preset if that's what the switch is set to do.

You could set beginning value to 0 to (sort of) avoid that. The new issue is that you'd have to press the switch twice to activate wah in your scenario.

A momentary switch (different hardware, not just a setting change) connected to a switch port might be a solution for this. I've seen that approach mentioned here, but no demonstrations of it actually working.

Back
Top Bottom