MFC-101 and MFC-Edit new user...........

So I'm sure I am missing something but in the Preset tab I want to change presets such as 1-6 being that and then 7 becoming say 80 but scrolling to 8 being 8. I can set MFC Preset 7 to 80 ( and it changes to red in MFC-Edit ) but then selecting what should be Preset 8 it advances to 81 instead of 8. Oddly I can find nothing about what I might be doing wrong but it should not be this difficult. Prior to getting the MFC-101 I was using and FCB1010 and I can bring up ANY preset on my XL+ in any order certainly the MFC-101 should be able to also. Thank you for the help and enclosed is a screen shot of the Preset change map.56114

Are you using the 'Next Preset' command? Or are you directly selecting preset #8?

Copy preset #80 to preset location #7 in your XL+. Problem solved.

Are you using the 'Next Preset' command? Or are you directly selecting preset #8?

Much easier & straight forward than midi mapping presets all out of order. On the XL+, you can also swap preset 7 with 80 if you want to keep preset 7 somewhere rather than overwriting it.

I made the change in MFC-EDIT on the Presets Tab and I have the Preset Bank Size set to 5 so selecting the first button gets Preset 6 next button for Preset 7 does go to Axe-Fx Preset 80 but going up or down does not go back to 6 or 8. It does not make sense I can use a cheap midi pedal and select and combination and in any order and the Axe-Fx takes it but the MFC-101 is supposed to be the better more powerful device. It does stomp box mode and Scenes great but it should be able to do a simple PC change and it has to be easy I just have to be not clicking a box somewhere and it should not work where I can only go up and down in order

I should be directly selecting preset 8 but instead it goes from 80-81 and going backwards it goes 80-70 and makes no sense the MFC-101 can not do presets in any order

It actually sounds like you may have found a bug? Is the preset inc/dec stepping through the MFC presets, or the Axe-Fx II preset? I want to play around with this next time my MFC is hooked up.

Try mapping preset 7 to 80 on the XL+ itself? In the I/O menu, Midi tab.

I still think that putting all of your performance presets all together is the simplest approach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom