MFC-101 and AXE Edit not talking

rickbarclay

Inspired
Hi, all. I've had my MFC Mark III for about two weeks now. I've read some of the manual, up to Chapter 5, IA Switches.
I'm using a cat 5 cable; Bank Size is set to 0 with IA switches 1-5 controlling Scenes 1-5, and and the IA switches are set
to default as per page 21 of the Mark II manual.

Switches 1-5 work fine and the MFC and AXE Edit are communicating when one or the other changes a scene, increments a preset, etc., etc.
However, when it comes to IA stitches 6-17, the two don't seem to be in line with each other. For example, if I have a preset that includes
Comp 1, then when I turn the Comp 1 to the "On" state on the MFC, the led will glow green, but there will be no corresponding change in
the AXE Edit; the screen will still show Comp 1 to be bypassed. And vice versa when I make changes to a preset via Axe Edit, there is no
corresponding change in the "On-Off" state in the MFC-101. Sooo, can someone please tell me what I have to do to get the AXE Edit to
say "hello" to the MFC-101? Thanks for any help, and sorry for the dumb question.

Axe Edit Getting Started Guide
Q: Some changes in Axe-Edit are not shown
on my MFC-101 (or vice versa)
A: This is normal. Some changes in one system will not be shown in
real-time in the other.

You can click on Preset -> refresh preset and you will see the changed status in AE

Wow. That really sucks. I hope they change that some day. Thanks Hubertus. I don't know why they
can't just refresh both units together when a change is made. How difficult is that? I hope Cliff reads this.

Thanks, Bakerman. This is what I did: Went to AXE Edit and brought up Preset # 19 --Shiver Lead. I highlighted the Flanger block and went into the Bypass Mode screen.
In the Bypass Mode screen, I changed Source to External 1 and I set Min. and MAx. both to "ON." When I exited Bypass Mode, I pressed the Comp 1 IA switch on the
MFC to make it go from off to on state. The change registered in the AXE Edit screen. So, I'm half a happy camper.

I'm only half happy because when I reversed myself and made a change in AXE Edit, the corresponding LED in the MFC did not change color. Did I do something wrong, or does
using the Bypass Modifier only work one way?

I think it's only designed to work one way, AE getting informed by the Axe-FX when a controller's toggled a block state.

Shouldn't be that way with such a sophisticated (expensive) set of equipment. Seems to me Axe Edit should be able to ping
the MFC for on/off states. I think I'll lobby for some such thing in the wish-list area. Thanks, Bake, for your help.

Back
Top Bottom