MFC 101 & Amplitube 5?

So Fractal has had my Axe FX II for repair since Oct. 10th. I've been using Amplitube in it's absence. I've tried several times to use my MFC 101 as a midi controller in Amplitube but no matter what I change in MFC Edit, every switch just sends a CC# of 0. My expression pedal, running through the MFC 101, sends a unique CC# and works fine. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

So Fractal has had my Axe FX II for repair since Oct. 10th. I've been using Amplitube in it's absence. I've tried several times to use my MFC 101 as a midi controller in Amplitube but no matter what I change in MFC Edit, every switch just sends a CC# of 0. My expression pedal, running through the MFC 101, sends a unique CC# and works fine. Anyone know what I am doing wrong or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
How do you know that's what is being sent? Are you using a midi monitor like Midi Ox?

I believe CC #0 is used for specifying bank before preset. Are you sure you've set the switches to send CCs and not PCs?

I haven't had one in a long time and I only ever used it with an Axe Fx so I have no practical experience doing what you are trying...

Yes, I've made sure that they are sending CCs and have PCs off. It's odd. When I select a control change and then "learn" in Amplitube, no matter what I press, it just comes in as CC#0.

I don't have any knowledge of Amplitube... I assuming you are sending midi from the MFC on the channel you have set Amplitube to listen on?

I would suggest installing Midi OX or a similar midi monitor so you can see what the MFC is sending.

This will tell you if the "problem" is the MFC or elsewhere.

I use mfc for amplitube - works fine but i do not use my MFC in Axefx mode - it might be that you can only use mfc switches that are set to "Axefx None" for external use. Channel needs to match also as mentioned above.

Hmm... What "mode" are you set to on the MFC?

What number is being reported in the 4th column? Control number or midi channel?

I use mfc for amplitube - works fine but i do not use my MFC in Axefx mode - it might be that you can only use mfc switches that are set to "Axefx None" for external use. Channel needs to match also as mentioned above.
Somehow I missed your post, but I'm also thinking it might be the mode.

Axe Fx mode is "none". 4th column is midi channel.
Ok... It would appear the first block of midi is a PC since it is sending the same message on all 16 channels, and also the previously mentioned CC#0 for bank select. The MFC always sends PCs on all 16 channels.

Have you set your switches as "general purpose" type?

Are you doing the config right on the MFC or using MFC-Edit?

If the latter can you show the settings in the editor for one of the switches?

Having a midi monitor app is indispensoble for diagnosing midi - think the one I have is a free app.

Here are the current settings:

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.06 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.20 PM.png
    268.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.28 PM.png
    245.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.39 PM.png
    276.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.50 PM.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.43.55 PM.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 5
Okay, I've got them all set to none. Still just 0's on the control change. It seems that it's only sending program change data because it will cycle through those.

Also - Just Guessing now but you could try setting one of those switches to a channel other than 1 and set Amplitube to listen on that channel.

I think at this point I would take Amplitube out of the equation and just try to get to the point where I see some MFC switch toggle CC's going through the midi monitor.

Here is the current MFC settings file if anyone wants to check it out.

Attachments

• MFC-211113-164521-dump.syx
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom