MFC-101 4 Button Expansion Module

The 4 little toggle switches change the footswitch between a momentary and latching footswitch like the Boss FS-6. It is battery operated, but there is a provision for AC power. Not yet installed is the 3mm LED that will flash when the battery voltage drops below 7.2V indication time for a fresh battery.

I contemplated making them, but the cost would be too much and too time consuming for me. I did this more just to see if I could do it. I had to design the switching PCB's from scratch. It's been a winter project.

Looks great! I'm not sure that I would need one since I already have switches, but I would have one request: since many of us velcro everything down on our pedalboards, is there any way to have the battery compartment not be on the bottom? My FS-6 is like that too and I can't really attach it to my board... I have to use straps which don't really hold it tight.

Thanks, and great work!

<edit> You posted before I hit send on mine... I think we all assumed you were going to produce them... never mind! Still looks great ;-)

Moving the battery compartment would require a larger box. Everything was a tight fit as it was. I'll add one more pic of the inside and you'll see. Keep in mind, it's not done yet.

I'd be willing to share any info if someone would wish to make one for themselves. I have the PCB circuit board design files, but would have to be ordered from the PCB manufacturer I used. Like I said, it was not cheap to make. I would suppose if it were done in large quantites it would be different.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Back
Top Bottom