Mezzabarba or Marshalldano

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Sometimes the coolest thing about the Fractal stuff is it allows us to become amp designer and pull out the virtual soldering iron
I started this one with the intent of getting something close to a Mezzabarba
So from reading online description I basically started by taking an SLO and swapping the tone stack to the Jcm800 w the EL34 power tubes
the Mezza has a boost . bright and Feedback control so that was easy enough to add the screamer input boost, bright switch
I tweaked the Negative feedback and added that control to the perform page so you could dial it in tighter, or looser depending
Then I added a Leon tweak of adding some transformer drive and another tweak I had read from Justin York to drop the depth freq to 125
The real Mezza has a bit more in the low mids , but I ended up with a sound that was pretty to me
Had great articulation and saturation , so this is kind of my Soldano mixed Marshall DNA, I have it with a YA Factory Recto V30 cab but it also sounds great with a few greenbacks I tried

let me know what ya think,

Attachments

• MEZZABARBA OVERDRIVE.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 113
I heard Robert Sarzo (as part of the IdolX tribute band) in Denver last night. I can't say for certain that he was using a Mezzabarba rack amp but I have to assume so. His tone and playing were completely off the chart. If you get a chance to see Robert live, do it.

Sometimes the coolest thing about the Fractal stuff is it allows us to become amp designer and pull out the virtual soldering iron
I started this one with the intent of getting something close to a Mezzabarba
So from reading online description I basically started by taking an SLO and swapping the tone stack to the Jcm800 w the EL34 power tubes
the Mezza has a boost . bright and Feedback control so that was easy enough to add the screamer input boost, bright switch
I tweaked the Negative feedback and added that control to the perform page so you could dial it in tighter, or looser depending
Then I added a Leon tweak of adding some transformer drive and another tweak I had read from Justin York to drop the depth freq to 125
The real Mezza has a bit more in the low mids , but I ended up with a sound that was pretty to me
Had great articulation and saturation , so this is kind of my Soldano mixed Marshall DNA, I have it with a YA Factory Recto V30 cab but it also sounds great with a few greenbacks I tried

let me know what ya think,

Wow ...

didn't undestand a lot of your modification, but i like a lot .. it is on one of my LIVE PRESETS ... and sounds great (y)

Awesome preset! I recall the MZero had more of a "chewy" ,slightly saggy feel to it, but I'm sure that could be dialled in.

Wow ...

didn't undestand a lot of your modification, but i like a lot .. it is on one of my LIVE PRESETS ... and sounds great (y)
wow thanks man I really appreciate that , I am glad that it works with your rig .

Presets are so personal and what sounds great here through my monitors does not always translate well to other setups

Awesome preset! I recall the MZero had more of a "chewy" ,slightly saggy feel to it, but I'm sure that could be dialled in.
thanks man , the really amp definitely has more low mid and chew , and I am sure I could have just tone matched but I ended digging it .

Here is another one that I turned up the sag and I think uses a Bogner XTC red stack and its a bit chewier and fun to play

Honestly , if you use the SLO as you base tone and change the tonestacks to plexi, 800 , XTC, CAE. you can find a ton of useful tones
then you start changing bright switch values, power tubes , NFB and you can really dial in pretty much whatever sound you want to get close to

Attachments

• MEZZABARBA FZERO*.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 46
thanks man , the really amp definitely has more low mid and chew , and I am sure I could have just tone matched but I ended digging it .

Here is another one that I turned up the sag and I think uses a Bogner XTC red stack and its a bit chewier and fun to play

Honestly , if you use the SLO as you base tone and change the tonestacks to plexi, 800 , XTC, CAE. you can find a ton of useful tones
then you start changing bright switch values, power tubes , NFB and you can really dial in pretty much whatever sound you want to get close to
nice man (y) ,

thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom