Metronomes can be fun!

nikki-k

Experienced
Especially if you are Victor Wooten!

I love collecting practice ideas, and (IMO) these are some great ones. In addition to what Victor outlines, I would also suggest making your own drum tracks, if you have the time/ability. Simple tracks! Better is being able to bounce out each instrument separately; specifically, kik, snare, each tom, then OH for cymbals. Why? So you can try playing in other time sigs than the drums... so you can mute various kit pieces, thus providing the ability to groove with/against different pieces.. so you can come up with cool riffs!!

Anyway, great video, enjoy!

Great post nikki
thumbsup.gif
An important skill, no question of that!

As mentioned in my 'Starting over' thread, as much as the last 16 years have meant more playing than practicing or learning, that whole time has been to sequencers & click tracks so at least consistent timing is kinda ingrained now!

Very cool!
The last example is a great idea, with the four over five pulse. The wonderful thing about music is, you'll never finish learning new things. If you want ;)

Great stuff. I once designed a midi clock controlled 36" long sweep "cylon eye" metronome for rehearsal/jamming spaces. Really cool but it was never manufactured.

Back
Top Bottom