Metronome won't shut up

If you unplug USB does the metronome stop? You may have to power cycle the Axe.
The metronome actually stopped after I switched to output 2. The issue now is that only the unprocessed sound of my guitar is coming through. None of the amps/effects/etc are applied to the sound that is coming out.

The metronome actually stopped after I switched to output 2. The issue now is that only the unprocessed sound of my guitar is coming through. None of the amps/effects/etc are applied to the sound that is coming out.
do not switch to Output 2. it is not a long term solution. go back to Out 1 and let's solve that.

switch to Out 1. unplug your USB. try to turn off the Metronome. does it turn off?

do not switch to Output 2. it is not a long term solution. go back to Out 1 and let's solve that.

switch to Out 1. unplug your USB. try to turn off the Metronome. does it turn off?
Got it. Back on 1 now. The Metronome has magically stopped...still not hearing the presets coming out

did you unplug the USB? is that why it has stopped?
No, the USB is still plugged into my mac. I didn't change anything...it just stopped on it's own. So, I don't know why it started, or why it stopped. Now I just have no processed sound coming out.

I've plugged and unplugged it many times hoping that would do something. Nothing changes. It is currently now unplugged.
ok thank you. now we can eliminate that from the equation.

turn off the Axe. turn it back on - is it processing sound like normal?

if not, is it still the dry sound, or is there no sound at all? double check your guitar cable connection and jack it is plugged into.

if that seems fine, i would just go to Utility and page to Reset and press Enter on RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS to get the system settings back to default. it will take too long to type out everything you need to check.

please keep the USB unplugged so we know your computer isn't sending any data.

ok thank you. now we can eliminate that from the equation.

turn off the Axe. turn it back on - is it processing sound like normal?

if not, is it still the dry sound, or is there no sound at all? double check your guitar cable connection and jack it is plugged into.

if that seems fine, i would just go to Utility and page to Reset and press Enter on RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS to get the system settings back to default. it will take too long to type out everything you need to check.

please keep the USB unplugged so we know your computer isn't sending any data.
Ok, after parameters reset, everything sounds normal through axe/power amp/speaker cab. Tried hooking back to computer after reset...not working there...

Ok, after parameters reset, everything sounds normal through axe/power amp/speaker cab. Tried hooking back to computer after reset...not working there...
so after the System Reset, everything worked as expected.

then you plugged into USB and things did not work as expected? was Logic open when you plugged into USB?

so after the System Reset, everything worked as expected.

then you plugged into USB and things did not work as expected? was Logic open when you plugged into USB?
Correct. Logic was not open at first. I opened it after I plugged in the usb cable. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot this btw, I do appreciate it!

Correct. Logic was not open at first. I opened it after I plugged in the usb cable. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot this btw, I do appreciate it!
so it seems Logic is sending some MIDI messages that the Axe doesn't like. maybe use the forum search on the top right of the page to find previous threads that mention this.

Back
Top Bottom