Metronome won't shut up

Help! I have no idea why the metronome started clicking, and I can't make it stop. I have the metronome button set to OFF.

That should turn it off...no?
Make the clicking stop! ahhh

Press Tempo button and turn down Metronome Level. Probably something in your rig triggers the MIDI CC of the Metronome.

Level control will reduce level but not completely silence it.

Go to I/O: CTRL menu and change metronome CC# to "none", then turn metronome off at tempo menu.

I think Bakerman has it. You're probably hearing MIDI interference. Set SEND REALTIME SYSEX to NONE (or to TUNER).

Hey guys,
Thanks for suggestions. The issue is still there. It's definitely not a recording program doing it. As I said, I can adjust the tempo of the metronome on the unit or in axe edit, but the metronome is set to off....yet it still plays. I also set the metronome to NONE in I/O menu. My axe is basically unusable like this. The damn thing won't shut up.

Hey guys,
Thanks for suggestions. The issue is still there. It's definitely not a recording program doing it. As I said, I can adjust the tempo of the metronome on the unit or in axe edit, but the metronome is set to off....yet it still plays. I also set the metronome to NONE in I/O menu. My axe is basically unusable like this. The damn thing won't shut up.
Do you have any midi or USB connected to the Axe?

It might be MIDI bleedthrough indeed, and not the metronome.

Changing to output two got rid of the metronome. Now, however I only hear the unaffected clear tone of my guitar on every preset I have. I tried switching back to output one, and it is doing it there as well. This happened a couple of months ago to me, and I never did figure out what was causing it. It eventually stopped, and started working as normal.
I resisted switching from a regular amp for a long time because I was afraid I'd have problems like this.
So frustrating when you want to make music and can't!

Back
Top Bottom