Metronome type sound in Chorus block

Heavyplayer

Experienced
So I been playing around with other types of Chorus and noticed this annoying metronome click going on, doesn't happen to sine, or triangle, all the others it does.
I though at first somehow the metronome was on, but nope. Any clue what the deal is with this? Some way to eliminate this clicking?

Can't get it on my phone, I'll check it out when I get home unless someone else gets to it first!

The LFO types that have an instant jump in value will cause this glitch/click sound. (Exp, Log, Trapezoid shouldn't cause it either; they don't on the Ultra at least.)

I think the only way to avoid it and get something resembling the sound of those types would be a redesign of the block (or manually setting this up somehow w/ modifiers) where instead of adjusting the time of one voice at the waveform's jump point, it crossfades to another voice already at that different delay time.

The LFO types that have an instant jump in value will cause this glitch/click sound. (Exp, Log, Trapezoid shouldn't cause it either; they don't on the Ultra at least.)

I think the only way to avoid it and get something resembling the sound of those types would be a redesign of the block (or manually setting this up somehow w/ modifiers) where instead of adjusting the time of one voice at the waveform's jump point, it crossfades to another voice already at that different delay time.

So in other words, if I can't figure out a way to get this using a different method I'm S.O.L?
Is this a problem in the Ultra as well?

This is because you have a discontinuity in the waveform. This is also why most chorus effects only let you choose between sine and triangle. Chorus is a variable delay. The waveform sets the relative delay. If the waveform is discontinuous then the delay jumps. This causes a glitch. There is some filtering in there to reduce it but it's inevitable. Perhaps I should remove the other LFO types.

This is because you have a discontinuity in the waveform. This is also why most chorus effects only let you choose between sine and triangle. Chorus is a variable delay. The waveform sets the relative delay. If the waveform is discontinuous then the delay jumps. This causes a glitch. There is some filtering in there to reduce it but it's inevitable. Perhaps I should remove the other LFO types.

Shouldn't this happen when using Flanger LFO types? Cause it doesn't. I would like to keep these but if they aren't going to work correctly and there isn't any way of fixing them, then no point in keeping them, right? Any other solution, or can these be reworked?

Slightly different chorus question: can you confirm whether LFO2 works? I posted about this a while ago here, as well as in the Axe 1 bugs section. It doesn't seem to be doing anything LFO-like at all. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/64378-chorus-does-lfo2-work-correctly.html

Shouldn't this happen when using Flanger LFO types? Cause it doesn't. I would like to keep these but if they aren't going to work correctly and there isn't any way of fixing them, then no point in keeping them, right? Any other solution, or can these be reworked?

The flanger has a hi cut parameter for the LFO which helps with this, because the delay time no longer changes instantly.

Bumping this up because I just tried creating a patch with Quad Chorus and it doesn't seem to be working. All I'm getting is a bit of echo.
Anyone having this problem or any helpful tips? I literally have everything cranked just to hear if it's working, and it's not.

EDIT: The Quad Chorus works but not on some patches. Any reason why this might be? Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom