Bug? Metronome tempo changes by itself

Beexter

Inspired
I'be been playing around with the metronome on the AX8and have noticed that the tempo won't stay where I set it.
I have been accessing the tempo screen by pressing the tap tempo (F3) button once to bring up the tempo screen. I have then dialled in the tempo I want using the"virtual" tempo knob on the far left of the screen. It stays at the tempo I've set for a little while (the actual amount of time doesn't seem to be constant) and will then change to a different value without me touching anything else.
I'm on firmware 7.01

Got the same problem. Solved it by changing the tempo in the AX8-Edit and when not connected by tapping (F3) till I get the right tempo.

one reason the tempo may change is if you have it set to pick up the preset tempo, rather than the global tempo. the preset tempo is saved with the patch, so will change when you change patches. in the tempo screen (assuming it's the same as the axe fx) there's a parameter called "tempo to use". set this to "global" instead of "preset" and resave the patch

This is the same I've experience this morning: I was practising with the metronome on and mid song it started to play a lot faster without touching the AX8 at all

This is the same I've experience this morning: I was practising with the metronome on and mid song it started to play a lot faster without touching the AX8 at all
Interesting - mine has always reduced the tempo rather than increased it but I have yet to make a note of the tempo it changes to in case there is a consistent "default"

one reason the tempo may change is if you have it set to pick up the preset tempo, rather than the global tempo. the preset tempo is saved with the patch, so will change when you change patches. in the tempo screen (assuming it's the same as the axe fx) there's a parameter called "tempo to use". set this to "global" instead of "preset" and resave the patch

I mostly use the same preset, so a GLOBAL would work for those presets. I still need to make special one off presets and copies of my main presets with PRESET tempos. My compromise on my Axe Fx has always been to utilize PRESET mode and set my main presets to 120 BPM.

I have the same AX8 bug and the workaround when in PRESET TT mode is to set the tempo twice. I think it averages your taps the first time, though I get the bug without performing a proper double tap. Instead, I have to use control knob A to set my desired tempo, exit tempo mode, single tap to reenter tempo mode, and once more utilize control knob A. Once I perform this bowing tweak dance, it holds until I retap a new tempo or change presets.

Keep hitting this on fw 8.02. I do use per preset tempo and occasionally enter the tempo screen on the unit to turn on the metronome. Leaving the tempo screen almost always screws up the preset tempo.

Do fractal team watch these threads? Shouldn't someone who finds a bug contact with support? I mean this problem exists 1 year now and hasn't been fixed yet.

Back
Top Bottom