Metronome Level Bug

Horganovski

Experienced
Steps to reproduce :

Go to any patch, press the tempo button to access the metronome controls, set it to something higher than what it's set to (-20), save the patch. Power off and on the Axe FX, check the metronome, it's back at -20 again.

I can't find any global control for this which seems to be overriding what I'm saving the patch as so it seems like a bug to me that this is happening.

The metronome setting under "TEMPO" IS global (read page 147 of the v15 OM) sending the signal to OUT1. It is NOT per patch and remains at those settings when one switches presets.

My guess is that the values reset to defaults on power off/on. That is what happens when I turn on the metronome, adjust levels, then power cycle. They return to "off" and -20dB.
Knowing Cliff, I'd guess that this is by design.

"12.5 Metronome
The Axe-Fx II features a built in metronome whose signal is mixed in at Output 1.
METRONOME – Turns the metronome on or off.
METRO LEVEL – Sets the level of the metronome from +/- 20db "

Thanks guys, I'll post in bugs so. I understand the tempo is global but it doesn't seem optimal to me that the level gets reset every time you power off.

Thanks guys, I'll post in bugs so. I understand the tempo is global but it doesn't seem optimal to me that the level gets reset every time you power off.
I've moved this thread there, but I don't know that it's a bug, per se.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom