[implemented] Metronome Control

This is the only inconvenience I've discovered upgrading from my Axe-Fx II to the III - I can no longer assign a footswitch to turn the metronome on/off.

On the Axe-Fx II/MFC-101 it was as simple as assigning an IA switch but I haven't found a way to do this with the Axe-Fx III/FC-12 yet...

Tempo and level are already there on the controllers tab.
That's true. Hadn't thought about that. But nevertheless, it'd be nice to have a mute/unmute option, or alternatively, a bypass-button. Also, to be able to bypass via the knobs on the physical unit. I mean, on the metronome page on the display on the unit, there's a greyed out option for bypass. But alas, it's greyed out and can't be used.

This is the only inconvenience I've discovered upgrading from my Axe-Fx II to the III - I can no longer assign a footswitch to turn the metronome on/off.
Think of the nightmare of adding this to a preset or globally, then accidentally triggering it during a set.

Agree with the original post, would very much like a way to turn the metronome on and off via foot controller. It would also be nice to be able to control the tempo of the Metronome via tap tempo. Seems like they would be somewhat easy additions?

Last edited:
I'd like to be able to gradually increase the tempo, via footswitch. Maybe be able to set the bpm increase, then with each tap, the tempo increases by that amount?

Would very much like to have metronome control/functionality within Axe-Edit. Nothing fancy; just on/off, level and tempo would be great.
I have heard this one before. And all I can say is what a nightmare. Accidentally engaging the metronome during a live gig.
Nope no thank you.

As someone who doesn't play live, the request was for Axe-Edit for home use. Others have expressed interest in assignable controls on footswitches and the like.

Back
Top Bottom