Wish Metronome Block

+1. a block would give the ability to attach a modifier to tempo, sweep tempo slow to fast and back while it's running...or attach a sequencer to volume, have it drop out every few bars/beats to see if you're still on tempo when it comes back in...:rightmagnify::openlock:
It doesn't need to be a block to be able to use modifiers.

This would help me a lot with using the looper at rehearsals for writing with the band. If I could just use one of the switches on my FC6 to turn metronome volume on/off,
As well as I remember, you csn assign an expression pedal to the metronome volume value. I’m not sure, though.

I like the block idea. Even though you have to add it to the presets, the behavior would be obvious and consistent with other features.

I also set tempos in the preset and have a FC button set to tap tempo. The drummer looks at my FC to get the count in tempo :)

just going to throw a curve ball in here. you could use a synth block with tracking set to off and have a square wave lfo with a low duty, or the sequencer tied to the synth volume. if the lfo is tempo synced, then you could control it's speed from the front panel tempo control, or by tapping the tempo in with your foot. you could also assign the synth block to any output you want. it would always be at the same volume (although you could continuously control this if you want) and you could start and stop it by bypassing the synth block with a switch, or via a scene change, or a switch attached to the "run" parameter of the lfo or the sequencer. did i cover everything?

just going to throw a curve ball in here. you could use a synth block with tracking set to off and have a square wave lfo with a low duty, or the sequencer tied to the synth volume. if the lfo is tempo synced, then you could control it's speed from the front panel tempo control, or by tapping the tempo in with your foot. you could also assign the synth block to any output you want. it would always be at the same volume (although you could continuously control this if you want) and you could start and stop it by bypassing the synth block with a switch, or via a scene change, or a switch attached to the "run" parameter of the lfo or the sequencer. did i cover everything?
Show off! ;)

This is something I have been contemplating. Thanks for confirming it could be a viable work around. An advantage is you could “tune” the click sound to whatever pitch/noise worked best for the drummer.

so why not use an lfo to control volume and the sequencer (tied to frequency) to control pitch?

it's all there, fellas...

Reactions: FSM

So this totally works...but it is a little clunky to implement because you cannot globally link the Synth block or LFO. I still need to test it out with my drummer, but I suspect only the white noise or pink noise settings will work in a real world setting. I fear the "click," if set to a specific frequency (or three ), may get masked by other instruments on a song by song basis.

Back
Top Bottom