Meteor Shower... SOON!!! ;)

guitarded

Experienced
The Geminids are considered to be one of the more spectacular meteor shower during a year, with the possibility of sighting around 120 meteors per hour at its peak.

From the web...

2015 Geminids meteor shower
In 2015, the Geminids will peak between December 13 and 14. A waxing crescent Moon (Moon's phase after a New Moon) will create good conditions for viewing the shower.

geminids.jpg

A Geminid meteor in 2012.

©iStockphoto.com

Northern Hemisphere observers should try their luck right after sunset, while those in the Southern Hemisphere should try to catch the shower after midnight.

The Geminids can be annually observed between December 4 and December 17, with its peak activity being around December 14. The shower owes its name to the constellation Gemini from where the meteors seem to emerge from in the sky.

Unlike most other meteor showers, the Geminids are associated not with a comet but with an asteroid - the 3200 Phaethon. The asteroid takes about 1.4 years to orbit around the Sun.

The Geminids are considered to be one of the more spectacular meteor shower during a year, with the possibility of sighting around 120 meteors per hour at its peak.

I didn't know that we had an Axe-Master in the SoCal High Desert..........:)
Ha, hardly a master, I've just been at it for so long... Just moved back down from the Northwest after 5 years, I'm a 44 year SoCal Native so it's great to be back! Originally from the Yucaipa / Redlands area but have family in Apple Valley that We are staying with until we get settled.

I'll try to remember to bump this as time draws near.
This is supposed to be the cat daddy of meteor showers.
Hopefully weather permits in my area.

Back
Top Bottom