Metallica Wherever I May Roam full song

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
So everyone else is doing Enter Sandman, I figured I'd take a trip back to the 90s and try my hand at Wherever I May Roam. It's been probably over 20 years since I played this, and I put it together in like 1.5 hours last night. So as usual, it's not perfect, but it was just a rough demo of the new IIc++ Metallica sound. I started with ML Sound Labs preset he uploaded and made some changes to it with different cabs, drive pedal, chorus, delay and wah etc. Intro tone sucks but that's not what I was making the demo for. Suhr Modern into Axe FXII with latest firmware 3.03, rhythms are all quad tracked with slightly different tones(some with drive pedal on, some without it)

Last edited:
So everyone else is doing Enter Sandman, I figured I'd take a trip back to the 90s and try my hand at Wherever I May Roam. It's been probably over 20 years since I played this, and I put it together in like 1.5 hours last night. So as usual, it's not perfect, but it was just a rough demo of the new IIc++ Metallica sound. I started with ML Sound Labs preset he uploaded and made some changes to it with different cabs, drive pedal, chorus, delay and wah etc. Intro tone sucks but that's not what I was making the demo for. Suhr Modern into Axe FXII with latest firmware 3.03

what you used for solo?

what you used for solo?
It was the same ML Sounds Preset, I just added a tubescreamer in front (drive 0, level 10), and a little delay and cry baby wah. Otherwise it's the same basic preset. I am using cabs from Cab Pack 7 so didn't use the ones he uploaded on his preset.

Outstanding! What cabs are you using out of Cab Pack 7? I've just been using the ones in the preset provided by Mikko(thank you Mikko) and have been meaning to try out some others from that pack as well. Thanks in advance

Outstanding! What cabs are you using out of Cab Pack 7? I've just been using the ones in the preset provided by Mikko(thank you Mikko) and have been meaning to try out some others from that pack as well. Thanks in advance
Offhand I'm not sure, I'll check when I get home from my show tonight. They were both trad alloy, but I'll screen shot the specific ones tonight

This sounds really good man. :) I'm so happy that the preset has been good for so many people in here. That definitely sounds like Metallica right guys? :)

Back
Top Bottom