Metallica using Axe Fx's on stage!

Check out the tuning room footage. All silent then 37 seconds in you can see the Axe FX's in the rack. They were using their amps in the tuning room ( just check out the old Metontour stuff). At 2:23 they mix the sound in from them jamming. Pretty damn cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was try to tonematch Hetfield live sound. Before using the tonematch block I tweak a maximum gain/tonestack... to be as close as possible to the target sound and then I use the tonematch block.
Do you know what cab(s) James Hetfield used in live (before using the Axe FX II).

Last edited:
I just uploaded a tonematch patch in the presets section.
Check it out!
Before axe he used (1x12) v30 iso cabs off stage as far as I know.

Last edited:
I just uploaded a tonematch patch in the presets section.
Check it out!
Before axe he used (1x12) v30 iso cabs off stage as far as I know.

They are actually 4x12 iso cabs. The shipping cases are behemoths. Both James and Kirk had two each. Not having to lug those around was one of many appealing aspects of switching to the AxeFX II for these guys.

He still has 4 on stage 4x12 cabs for stage feel and feedback. Powered By Matrix amps. But the signal going to FOH and what you hear in the recordings is direct.

They are actually 4x12 iso cabs. The shipping cases are behemoths. Both James and Kirk had two each. Not having to lug those around was one of many appealing aspects of switching to the AxeFX II for these guys.

What do they use exactly instead ?

Last edited:
Ditch the biscuit tins and dustbin lids next
thumbsup.gif

Wow! Can't remember, when Metallica EVER had this massive Live-Sound..... The "Justice"-Stuff sounds fat as a fu** (yeah, now you can HEAR the bass, too...)

He still has 4 on stage 4x12 cabs for stage feel and feedback. Powered By Matrix amps. But the signal going to FOH and what you hear in the recordings is direct.

Thanks Adam!!! Now everything is Clear! Live they use Axe with Cab Sim Off and 4x12, and go direct to FOH ( obviously with Cab Sim On)... :encouragement:

Yet another Metallica recording with no bass guitar. WTF?

That's what I thought. Where is the bass? It is too soft and lacks aggression. Is he using Axe fx also? Didn't like the song that much. Was a big Metallica fan in my childhood during the first four albums. Then I stopped listening to that after discovering Rush and fusion. I hear nothing new in that song but that might be just what Metallica fans want.

Last edited:
Amazing how off topic every thread here gets. The point here is they were using the AxeFx units live, nobody gives a crap what you thread hijackers like for bands. Good musicians do not put down other bands ... they don't have to. Respect. Period.

Totally agree...yet this is the internet and such things like this are expected to happen in every forum.

Back
Top Bottom