Metallica using Axe Fx's on stage!

This is absolutely awesome.. Dig the new tune as well, so thanks for posting that H'erQ recording of it. Metallica, though not so heavy in my rotation anymore, will always have a special place in my heart. I've gotta update my firmware and likely just start from scrach on my presets. Hetfields rhythm tone through the years has always been something I've loved, but never quite nailed. I'm gonna have to dive in on this one.

From what I heard from their songs on the site, the tone is way better than I thought it would be. And that HQ video of Lords of Summer, tone was very nice, especially for them. That video from a phone camera...meh. But consider the source. Hey, good for them.

Hi,

Several questions :

1/ Does Robert Trujillo use an Axe FX II ?

2/ Do Metallica use Ures IR ?

3/ Will Metallica use Axe FX II in their next album ?

Last edited:
Are they running the Axe Fx direct or into amps and cabs currently? Anyone know? I know they ran direct for Antarctica.

'Lords of Summer'
I have to say do really like this song though. The main riff if killer! One of Hetfields finest!

There's something about the Axe-FX II and EMGs that messes with the pick attack, and you can totally hear it in both Metallica recordings.

It's the reason I've swapped mine away in my Eclipse, can't stand the harsh, empty pick attack you get from those. They were just fine with my M/B Mark III though as well as my Blackstar HT-5, guess you only really notice it when listening to a mic'd up amp or an IR.

The Shure SM-57 sounded horrible on my Blackstar HT-5 and the EMGs, but I had decent results with my Royer NT-1A.
http://alexmreis.com/mp3/As I Am Blackstar HT 5.mp3

That said, I love the tones on everything Metallica from MoP to Reload.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom