Metallica using Axe Fx's on stage!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
I am listening to the official Livemetallica soundboard recording for the first ever full show where they use their axe fx rigs....
Just want to say the tones are AWESOME!! and spot on!!
The tones are just like the regular tube amp-rig tones!
Great job Fractal Audio!

I already went there. There are a bunch of shows. Is it the newest from Bogoto? Did metallica just use the axefx for the antartica show and the grammy's though?

Cool thanks. I'll have to download it and listen because their tone for the antartica show was awful. They must have done some more tweaking since then.

The Bogota show is all Axe-FX II. Everything on their current South America tour is Axe-FX II.

I know they solely used AXE FX when they played the Antarctica show for the practical reasons as the gig was broadcast to the audience on headphones!! However, I find it hard to believe they are ONLY using Axe Fx in South America. I mean they may be using them to some degree, but surely they are still largely using their standard rigs??

I'm not saying it's not true..........just I'd be surprised.

Crikey if they are then Mesa really are going out of business!

I know they solely used AXE FX when they played the Antarctica show for the practical reasons as the gig was broadcast to the audience on headphones!! However, I find it hard to believe they are ONLY using Axe Fx in South America. I mean they may be using them to some degree, but surely they still largely using their standard rigs??

I'm not saying it's not true..........just I'd be surprised.

Everything on their current South America tour is Axe-FX II.

Downloaded the Bogota show, if I hadn't been told otherwise I'd never have guessed this wasn't their normal rig. Shows how much of a difference a decent mix can make compared to a monitor mix.

Dat riff on the new song. :shock Classic Hetfield!

The only thing I noticed was a lack of feedback, but that's easily explained by the lower stage volume they're probably running now.

Now we just have to bribe their guitar tech to post the patches. :)

Everything on their current South America tour is Axe-FX II.

Wow!! That really is the ultimate endorsement for the Axe fx. I mean there is no real reason for Metallica NOT to take their usual gtr rigs to South America. James and Kirks usual rigs are pretty phenomenal in terms of what they're using. For them to be replacing all this with Axe says everything about the quality of this unit!!

That sounded like vintage Mettallica (i.e. Master of Puppets/Battery) - nice - tone was great too for what I could hear of it.

Back
Top Bottom