Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza v3.0! (FW15.03)

Congrats on your daughter being born dude, that is awesome news!! On the other note, I've always loved your Metallica patches so big thank you for those! 8)

Lets keep this thread alive. Here is my current "fine tuned" Metallica (Hetfield) live heavy and clean presets. What do you think?

Do you have these available for share/download somewhere? That clean tone is magnificent! I love the heavy tone, too. Great job. I've been using a tone-match from this thread as my main patch (Mesa Modern Red, etc.) that is filthy good. Would love more to play with, though. Thanks.

they load but sound quite weird/off. let's hope for an updated version, i really loved to jam using these TM's! :)

I'd imagine its the amps and overdrives that need tweaking as they have changed so much over the last 5 firmware releases.

Guys, I hope to start the tonematches soon.
Having a baby, a job, a band and various other things to do does take time so I have to find the right time.
Also, I'm selling my Axe FX 2 soon and I'm upgrading to an XL+.
I think this means the new sounds will only be compatible with the XL or XL+.....
I'm sorry about this but I really need the XL+.
Just thought I'd give a heads up.

damn, i hope there is a way to convert the XL, XL+ files for the standard.
i could get the XL+ but i really do not need it. IIRC it's possible to convert presets in Axe Edit,
in theory it should work with tonematches also...hopefully, really dig the TM's you made earlier! :)

Take your time, @Guitarjon. You've clearly got a lot on your plate!

BTW, somewhat unrelated, but I really like your IRs that are part of the OwnHammer 412 MES-ST pack. Particularly OH 412 MES-ST V60 JS-1. I've been using that for about two weeks with great success.

Man, I'm watching the day before show from a few days ago that Metallica played and it's sounding sooo good!
They're playing really well!
Anyways, this really makes me want to go back and do all the tonematches.
My XL+ is coming in the mail tomorrow.
I think I'll start soon!
It may be a long process because I can't spend full days making tonematches anymore haha.
I'll keep you guys updated!

Btw, the guitars I'll be using this time:

For the stuff in E I'll be using my Fender Jim Root Tele and my PRS Torero.
For the lower tuned stuff I'll use my ESP Eclipse-I and my LTD KH602.
All of those guitars have EMG's.

Man, I'm watching the day before show from a few days ago that Metallica played and it's sounding sooo good!
They're playing really well!
Anyways, this really makes me want to go back and do all the tonematches.
My XL+ is coming in the mail tomorrow.
I think I'll start soon!
It may be a long process because I can't spend full days making tonematches anymore haha.
I'll keep you guys updated!

Btw, the guitars I'll be using this time:

For the stuff in E I'll be using my Fender Jim Root Tele and my PRS Torero.
For the lower tuned stuff I'll use my ESP Eclipse-I and my LTD KH602.
All of those guitars have EMG's.
Looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom