Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza v2.0!

The samples I listened to are AWESOME! Great work dude!
I don't want to go off topic but I think that there is something seriously wrong with my guitar.
I just downloaded your Mercyful Fate (James) TM patch and this is what I got :(

https://soundcloud.com/ertan-ertang-n/possible-guitar-fault

Tell me that I'm right about the guitar and let me buy a new one on Saturday.

It's a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with EMG 81TWX - EMG 89RX pickups. I shouldn't have changed them :(

I'm afraid I have to admit your guitar sounds a bit strange..
Maybe take it to a local repair shop?
Get it fixed!
A schecter Hellraiser should be a fine guitar so hopefully it's just something simple like a loose wire or something?

I've made a new RAR that I've uploaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/em7bjufwt...Guitarjons Metallica Axe FX 2 tonematches.rar

It contains all the tonematches I made including the 'ThisOneV30' IR by Guitarhack that is needed for a couple of the presets like the live clean tone patch.
Most of the presets feature tonematch blocks but a couple of presets were made with regular Cab blocks.
If you see that a userslot is selected in a Cab block simply add the 'ThisOneV30' IR in that slot.

I should also not that all the heavy rhythm parts were recorded and matched with my EMG81 equipped guitar.
Most of the clean parts use the EMG60 neck pick-up with the exeption of Nothing Else Matters.
For this song I used both the bridge and neck pick-up.

(note: I wanted to add this info to the first post in this thread but it wasn't possible to add, maybe an admin can paste this info on my first post in this thread?)

oh and if anyone has suggestions for even more Metallica tones that I can match or create let me know and I'll see what I can come up with!
We just need a new album to capture even more awesome tones! ;)

None of your patches probably need to be updated Jon but I would love the Jon update 14 seal of approval!

Have a great weekend and congrats on Hetfield's tech being impressed by you. Maybe Metallica is looking to replace kirk. ;)

Man, you need to be summoned immediately to Metallica HQ. Some of these patches are great. Awesome job.

Steve

Jon - any way to combine the left and right TMA's into one preset?

I've decided to re-do all my Metallica patches/tonematches since the newer firmware is awesome!
I'm going to do them in stages.
The first upload contains sound for 'Kill 'em all'.
I recorded a small clip with all the tones in there, check it out here:

I've made left and right versions for the songs that I've matched because the left and right channel tend to sound different.
This lead to some great results.
If you plan on using them there are quite some flavours to pick from.

note: All the patches have been made with an EMG equipped guitar (Fender Jim Root Telecaster with an EMG81 and an EMG60).
Kill 'em all wasn't recorded with EMG's but I figured most metallica fans would use EMG's anyway.

Have fun with these tones and stay tuned for more!

Edit: Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, ....And Justice For All, Black Album, Load, Reload, Garage Inc., S&M, St. Anger and Death Magnetic tones added later in the thread!

------

UPDATE March 28 2014:

I've made a new RAR that I've uploaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/em7bjufwth...onematches.rar

It contains all the tonematches I made including the 'ThisOneV30' IR by Guitarhack that is needed for a couple of the presets like the live clean tone patch.
Most of the presets feature tonematch blocks but a couple of presets were made with regular Cab blocks.
If you see that a userslot is selected in a Cab block simply add the 'ThisOneV30' IR in that slot.

I should also not that all the heavy rhythm parts were recorded and matched with my EMG81 equipped guitar.
Most of the clean parts use the EMG60 neck pick-up with the exeption of Nothing Else Matters.
For this song I used both the bridge and neck pick-up.

Good lord, how is this even possible? Outstanding work. Care to do the same for Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert albums? I'd pay hard cash for those.

"Jon - any way to combine the left and right TMA's into one preset?"

Steve. you could change the tma blocks to cab blocks.

So I downloaded the Lynch mob patch last night.
I installed it and grabbed my E Flat tuned guitar (which is an all maple (quilted body) maple neck GMW strat with a Duncan Sh-5) in the bridge.
Probably my all around favorite guitar. plugged in....................almost there. with this guitar the patch sounded loose and flubby.
I thought oh damn so close. Last week I picked up and Ibby RG550 (91) and it's got a Duncan distortion in the bridge, probably the closest thing I have to an EMG.
BANG! almost spot on. I jammed out to a couple of tunes off of that CD and it sounded killer.
my point here is if you guys down load any of these patches and you're not using an EMG loaded guitar, it's most likely going to a bit "off"

So I downloaded the Lynch mob patch last night.
I installed it and grabbed my E Flat tuned guitar (which is an all maple (quilted body) maple neck GMW strat with a Duncan Sh-5) in the bridge.
Probably my all around favorite guitar. plugged in....................almost there. with this guitar the patch sounded loose and flubby.
I thought oh damn so close. Last week I picked up and Ibby RG550 (91) and it's got a Duncan distortion in the bridge, probably the closest thing I have to an EMG.
BANG! almost spot on. I jammed out to a couple of tunes off of that CD and it sounded killer.
my point here is if you guys down load any of these patches and you're not using an EMG loaded guitar, it's most likely going to a bit "off"

Yep!
I strongly recommend tweaking the amp block settings to better suit your guitar.
There is no way around this unfortunately.

I just uploaded a new RAR with a couple of edits to the presets I uploaded yesterday.
I changed a couple of the Reload tones for James.
They sound really awesome now.
Check out the new Memory Remains, Fuel, Prince Charming and Carpe Diem Baby tones!
I've also asked a mod to add that rar to the main page but for now check the link above on post #172

Back
Top Bottom