Metallica tonematches/patches extravaganza v2.0!

Has anyone besides me seen them live in the current tour?
How did you like the sounds?

I have seen them at the Pinkpop show and the Werchter show. The sound was phenomenal I must say. Specially at the Werchter show I was really enjoying just the sound from James' guitar as Chad was walking around checking the monitors.

I would also like to do more Kirk Hammet lead tones so suggestions are welcome for this also.
I've also thought about doing some bass matches but I'm worried that the type of bass guitar that I/you guys use will make too much of a difference, maybe it's still wordt a try though!

I really really enjoy the sound of Kirk when he plays the Fade to Black solo. Specially at the end of the solo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h5lqnm8ISg#t=346
At the 5:55 mark it sounds so great to me. If I am not mistaken it is Big Mick who creates that reverb/echo sound at the FOH. I remember Justin talking about that on the video about Kirk's gear on Youtube.

My allround Hetfield Clean Patch. FW15.3

Amp1 -> JC120
Amp2 -> Triaxis RHY Green

Good for Nothing else Matters; Fade to Black; Battery.!

Give him a try;)

Attachments

• Hetfield Clean Tone.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Justice tonematch is DONE!
This one sounds really cool hehehe.
Quite a bit more diversity with this one too!
Check out the sounds here:

I have an XL ll+ and through a powered FRFR speaker. mine sounds nothing like this, it's so sharp, hissy and scratchy. what am I doing wrong?

I have an XL ll+ and through a powered FRFR speaker. mine sounds nothing like this, it's so sharp, hissy and scratchy. what am I doing wrong?
I'm having this same problem... terrible clipping... is it because I'm using a guitar without EMG's? or does it have to do with newer firmware?

I'm having this same problem... terrible clipping... is it because I'm using a guitar without EMG's? or does it have to do with newer firmware?
New still myself, but could be firmware. I just had some presets where the IR caused noise. It was Q7 vs my Q9.
Could also be any of your input our output clipping, have you checked the lights on the front panel?

Back
Top Bottom