Metallica tonematch/preset extravaganza Quantum edition Vol.4!!

Hello everybody, any chance to have those goodies for AX8 users (the dark side of the force) ???

It would be great but I still have to figure out how to make that happen.
I may need a hand from someone who owns an actual AX8 since I don't....
Suggestions are welcome.
Right now I'm just working on making the sounds as good as I possibly can.

Huge thanks Guitarjon for thinking of doing an hypothetical AX8 version. You can be sure that you will have all the help you need if you're interested. Just make a sign! Have a nice day!

Hope some of you are enjoying these.

For the guys with an Axe FX II mk 1 or 2, I'm sorry but I don't own one of those anymore so I can't make presets.
Exporting blocks and all that just would be too time consuming for me now I'm afraid.
It would also make for a lot of blocks to load.
It wouldn't be easy and fun.
Maybe someone out there who owns both an XL or XL+ and a MK 1 or 2 could make conversions if he/she has time?
I'd rather spend the time I have on making these presets as good as possible.

I'm looking forward to doing the next album.
Fractool works great

This thread was started almost 2 years ago, very happy to see that you have not given up on this Quantum project...To have the Black Album guitar tones on Quantum would be totally epic...if you put them up for sale, you can be guaranteed that many people will buy them, as you are famous for making the best Metallica tones matches on the planet! I don't do Facebook, so I will be keeping an eye on this thread and on your excellent Sonic Drive Studios youtube channel for any updates on the release of these tonematches...

Last edited:
Just heard these presets, and holy balls they sound amazing! I don’t have money for an AXE, so would it be possible to make these presets Impulse Responses or wav files to use in Reaper FX? I’ve seen some other people wanting that aswell.

Hey Jon, any updates on how the presets are going? I know we are pretty fresh out of the holiday season and this is probably a low priority project for you with work/family and all, but just thought I'd check in to keep you on your toes :D cheers.

Guys, I started seriously making the tone matches again and I already got pretty far.
I took a break for a while and then the Axe III got announced....
Since I won't be getting an Axe III myself (not soon anyway) I figured I might as well just finish the presets for you guys...

I'll continue the work soon and I'll go up to the black album.
I guess I'll sell those first couple of records in one pack and if there is enough interest I could also do a pack with the newer albums later.

You guys still interested or have you sold your Axe FX? Haha
I have no idea if these presets will work with a III.

Guys, I started seriously making the tone matches again and I already got pretty far.
Since I won't be getting an Axe III myself (not soon anyway) I figured I might as well just finish the presets for you guys...

I guess I'll sell those first couple of records in one pack and if there is enough interest I could also do a pack with the newer albums later.

I think everyone would love to see that, even though I don’t own an Axe FX.

I was wondering if it is possible to make these into Impulse Responses for different guitar programs like Reaper FX? These sound so much better than the ones I already have!

Excellent news :) I never had an Axe FX yet, but I plan on getting a III in the next few months so i can try them out for ya. (if you dont get one by then) I would LOVE to see load/reload presets since I really like their tones on those 2 albums. Definitely don't mind paying extra for em. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom