Metallica tonematch/preset extravaganza Quantum edition Vol.4!!

Great job, sounds fantastic even with Super Distortion at the bridge. Just one question since the presets are tonematched... where you got the isolated tracks from? ;)

In this case there were no isolated tracks.
The benefit is that the tones are usually more accurate.
The drawback is that you really have to search for spots where the guitars are playing solo'ed (without drums/cymbals or bass ringing through).

Unfortunately getting a TMA to be usable for the AX8 needs a very generous Axe-Fx user to export them from the actual unit. This creates a cab IR that can be used in the AX8.

I have still not found a way to convert tonematch to .wav, have you had any luck with this?

Unfortunately getting a TMA to be usable for the AX8 needs a very generous Axe-Fx user to export them from the actual unit. This creates a cab IR that can be used in the AX8.

The latest few presets from the new album have dual amp setups only.
The AX8 doesn't support dual amps.

Personally I'd be more than happy to experiment with a single amp if I had the TMA converted to IR, I tend to fall into the category that the cab affects the sound more.

Anyways, I'm going to let it rest. I'd be more than happy to contribute towards the project :)

Would be great to see the Black album on Quantum Vol 4, no doubt it takes a lot of time to create these tonematches, so I would (as I'm sure many others) would be happy to pay for these tonematches

Last edited:
guitarjon: Are there any chance to continue your valuable work for other Metallica albums? Of course, almost any work should have a price, but this is only on your hand!

Any way, thanks for your great work!

Dan

Just finished the first 31 tonematches for the first album!!
This time it's going to be insane!
Very accurate and loads of tonal choices.
Can't wait to release this whole pack but it will take some time to complete.
It also won't be free but I'll make sure the price is fair...

Just finished the first 31 tonematches for the first album!!
This time it's going to be insane!
Very accurate and loads of tonal choices.
Can't wait to release this whole pack but it will take some time to complete.
It also won't be free but I'll make sure the price is fair...

My money is ready !! \m/

Back
Top Bottom