Metallica tonematch/preset extravaganza Quantum edition Vol.4!!

Anxious for Ride the Lightning!

Are these going to be Left and Right split, and if so how do you utilize them? I haven't figured that out yet. Can they be combined?

Hey guys,

Just want to let you know I haven't forgotten you but I have a lot of stuff going on lately.
The next album will come soon, I just have to find some time.

Also, I've been messing with the IIC+ but I'm having a really hard time getting a good tone out of it recently.
Have any of you guys had similar experiences?
A few firmwares back I didn't have any real trouble getting good tones but now it just seems really hard to get nice crunchy tones.
I can get kinda close EQ wise but the response and the texture in the distortion sounds a bit off.

This amp is important for a few albums that are coming up so that's why I'm checking...

Anxious for Ride the Lightning!

Are these going to be Left and Right split, and if so how do you utilize them? I haven't figured that out yet. Can they be combined?
Sorry for the late reply.
Whenever I make L and R tones it's because the 2 channels just sound different to one another.
Maybe in the studio they used different mics or eq settings to achieve slightly different tones for each channel.
It's just there as a tonal option so you can pick which one you prefer.

If you are tracking parts it could sound better to also use the R and L ones.
Unfortunately it's not often possible to tonematch both the L and R channels.

Hey guys,

Just want to let you know I haven't forgotten you but I have a lot of stuff going on lately.
The next album will come soon, I just have to find some time.

Also, I've been messing with the IIC+ but I'm having a really hard time getting a good tone out of it recently.
Have any of you guys had similar experiences?
A few firmwares back I didn't have any real trouble getting good tones but now it just seems really hard to get nice crunchy tones.
I can get kinda close EQ wise but the response and the texture in the distortion sounds a bit off.

This amp is important for a few albums that are coming up so that's why I'm checking...

Jon, I would use the Triaxis Lead2 Yellow channel instead. It is based on the IIC+ and IMO, sounds alot better than the actual IIC+ model. I honestly was kind of disappointed with the IIC+ that was put in to replace the one prior to FW 18. The 18 version was much tighter and easier to dial in. I kind of wish Cliff would add it back in as an idealized FAS model of the IIC+, kind of like how he left the Brit Pre in when he got a new JMP-1 to model. In the meantime though, the Triaxis Lead2 Yellow will get you alot closer to those tight Metallica RTL and MOP tones, again IMO. I also have a USA Lead Bright(Mark IV) preset that sounds really good and Metallica'ish.

731195.gif

Have you been able to make any more progress on the next album? I'm really looking forward to the next one. I've been having a lot of fun with the kill 'em all presets, they sound great.

I got a chance to run through the Kill 'Em All presets yesterday and they're great. I need to 'dirty up' a few of them for my own tastes, but they sound spot on. I have to think the EMGs I use help the match also, but I wonder what others' experiences are with other pickups?

I got a chance to run through the Kill 'Em All presets yesterday and they're great. I need to 'dirty up' a few of them for my own tastes, but they sound spot on. I have to think the EMGs I use help the match also, but I wonder what others' experiences are with other pickups?

I have a Jackson Adrian Smith USA with Dimarzio super distortion bridge pickup. I too find that I have to 'dirty up' the presets but i find i need to do that on other 'tonematched' presets I have downloaded/obtained in the past. Most tonematched presets i have tried previously from various sources, always sound underwhelming on my unit for some reason? Must be something i need to iron out within my axe fx 2 unit?

Have you been able to make any more progress on the next album? I'm really looking forward to the next one. I've been having a lot of fun with the kill 'em all presets, they sound great.
I'm definitely planning on doing that.
I just have to find time to sit down and work on it.
I definitely don't want to rush anything.
My life has been a little hectic lately with various things but I haven't forgotten about it!

My life has been a little hectic lately

Man, you have a baby, this is the first and foremost...don't forget to sleep!

Most tonematched presets i have tried previously from various sources, always sound underwhelming on my unit for some reason? Must be something i need to iron out within my axe fx 2 unit?

You're not alone, I'm very fussy with low end side of distortion and often TMA user presets lacks something in this field.
With cleans I find the results almost perfect, little tweaks to compression and voilà!

We the users often don't realize that TMA can't do miracles: distortion and compression have to be adjusted by ear before the tonematching, this demands tweaking time.
Usually we make a starting preset that is not very close to the original and rely the pairing task on TMA. Tonematch should be the final touch of a very close sound.
This is why high-gain tonematch is an art itself.

More about the subject:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/tonematch-boxy-sound.91469/#post-1101090

Last edited:
I'm definitely planning on doing that.
I just have to find time to sit down and work on it.
I definitely don't want to rush anything.
My life has been a little hectic lately with various things but I haven't forgotten about it!

I'm definitely not trying to rush you, I was just curious how things were going. Take your time, as they say good things are worth waiting for.

Hi, thanks Guitarjon for all these Tonematch presets, I've a question, I don't have axe fx, but an AX8. This Fractal unit don't have tonematch block so it's impossible to load correctly all your presets. I've readed elsewhere that it's possible to convert tonematch block to cab IR's, someone can make that conversion for all AX8 Users?
Thanks

Man the Kill Em All tonematches are so kickass, GREAT work dude!!Just wish there was any ...And Justice For All tonematches i could get my hands on, the older versions dont sound quite as good on the newest firmware

Been hitting up this thread like daily for quite a while now, any progress? Have you lost interest, or are you planning on picking it up again in the future? :)

Worst case scenario, anyone know any other place to find great metallica tonematches? (...And Justice For All especially!!) :D

Hi, thanks Guitarjon for all these Tonematch presets, I've a question, I don't have axe fx, but an AX8. This Fractal unit don't have tonematch block so it's impossible to load correctly all your presets. I've readed elsewhere that it's possible to convert tonematch block to cab IR's, someone can make that conversion for all AX8 Users?
Thanks
Agree - this would be really awesome, if someone could save the tonematch block as an IR.

Man the Kill Em All tonematches are so kickass, GREAT work dude!!Just wish there was any ...And Justice For All tonematches i could get my hands on, the older versions dont sound quite as good on the newest firmware

Been hitting up this thread like daily for quite a while now, any progress? Have you lost interest, or are you planning on picking it up again in the future? :)

Worst case scenario, anyone know any other place to find great metallica tonematches? (...And Justice For All especially!!) :D
I would love for Guitarjon to make some more patches. I've tried all the other Metallica patches that people have shared, but nothing seems to get as close as he does. I would gladly donate to have some more albums done with the latest firmware. Hope all is well the the job, band, and daughter Guitarjon!

Back
Top Bottom