Metallica to perform with Lady Gaga @ Grammys

I find it curious that the only glitch the whole night was a headliner front mans microphone failed through his whole set.
How could that possibly be.

Yeah, I would bet somebody got their ass chewed in a serious way. And I would bet that wasn't even by James. It would have been cool if LG would have recognized the issue and brought her mic over to him earlier, but who knows what the mix was on stage.

I've never listened to her stuff, but wow, I thought she fit in as a kick-ass hard rock front-woman.

Someone mentioned that James was really pissed and threw his guitar at the end, but when I checked the video, his whole body motion looks rather non-chalant to me. Like, Yeah, oh well, shit happens on stage.

Reactions: Ole
I'm sad this happened to them.
On the other hand, in france we never had a music tv show that went well in the history.
Some guys sucks or it's really hard to do, but there must be a reason why when it's not monitoring it's a mic or a guitar that sucks.

Performancewise Thought I like early gaga, I'm not impressed at all by this duo, it was gentle crazyness

Yeah, I would bet somebody got their ass chewed in a serious way. And I would bet that wasn't even by James. It would have been cool if LG would have recognized the issue and brought her mic over to him earlier, but who knows what the mix was on stage.

I've never listened to her stuff, but wow, I thought she fit in as a kick-ass hard rock front-woman.

Someone mentioned that James was really pissed and threw his guitar at the end, but when I checked the video, his whole body motion looks rather non-chalant to me. Like, Yeah, oh well, shit happens on stage.

I'd be willing to bet with his in-ears , he hardly knew the difference on stage.

You know what else is badass about Lady Gaga? She toured with Babymetal. Imagine how many young girls she turned on to metal and guitar because of that.

Anyone who inspires others to pick up an instrument is great musician to me. After all, if it wasn't for Lars Ulrich inspiring others to take up the drums, I wouldn't have had any drummers to play with in high school!

I'd be willing to bet with his in-ears , he hardly knew the difference on stage.

I was thinking that when I watched live, looked to me like he didn't react at all and those parts where he shared Gaga's mic were planned, just a visual performance thing.

Here's a vid of the performance with James vocals included.. unclear if someone 'fixed' this with editing, of if it was alternate live audio from the actual performance.

If you watch the video closely you will see he "hand swats" his mic over just before the solo and then is using Rob's mic after they focused on Gaga's crowd surf so I'm pretty sure he knew what was up. I heard that his mic was completely unplugged so I doubt he had anything in his in-ears either, as when he 1st started sharing the mic with gaga his voice sounded pretty harsh and IMO struggling to find the pitch... I only say that cause I've been there, thankfully only as a back up singer, but when you can't hear yourself and have in-ears it's a nightmare, I could only imagine being the front and having this happen.....

You know what else is badass about Lady Gaga? She toured with Babymetal. Imagine how many young girls she turned on to metal and guitar because of that.

Anyone who inspires others to pick up an instrument is great musician to me. After all, if it wasn't for Lars Ulrich inspiring others to take up the drums, I wouldn't have had any drummers to play with in high school!

I have to laugh at all the internet judges daily man. So many snobs and what's worse is they think everyone cares that they don't like something.... I never understood people that go out of their way to let others know they don't something that you do... It's just music... everyone has their flavor.

Back
Top Bottom