Metallica to perform with Lady Gaga @ Grammys

P

plexi59

What the actual f#$#? Can you even imagine this headline as a possibility before 1991? What's next, Metallica with Lil' Wayne?

What the actual f#$#? Can you even imagine this headline as a possibility before 1991? What's next, Metallica with Lil' Wayne?

Well... Gaga is an incredibly talented musician and song writer. Several multi-platinum albums and half a dozen Grammys. They could do a lot worse. You should be glad that a metal act is finally getting the mainstream recognition it deserves to take part in something like that.

Like it or not, even Lil' Wayne has sold more records than most people could ever dream of.

James' mic was not working for most of the song. Performance still kicked ass. Guitars sounded huge! Gaga even crowd surfed a bit.

A lot of people here seem to confuse popularity with merit. They are not the same thing, and more, they're quite often in violent opposition. There are lots of artists out there who, while extremely talented, aren't "multi-platinum". Case in point: arguably one of the most talented guitar players in history, Jimi Hendrix, has _several times_ fewer platinum awards than Lady Gaga. Except people will still be listening to Hendrix in 50 years and Lady Gaga will be long gone and forgotten.

Try as I might, I don't see "talent" in Lady Gaga. I mean, she does write her own songs, I'll give her that. It's just that I don't consider her songs to be actual "music". Call me a snob if you like, that's just my opinion.

Try as I might, I don't see "talent" in Lady Gaga. I mean, she does write her own songs, I'll give her that. It's just that I don't consider her songs to be actual "music".
This is exactly what I thought before listening to her latest album.

Well, i once read on the internet that LG is all Illumlnatl pedo elite so if I was 'Tallica i would keep my distance ,unless they want to mingle with the Luciferian shape shifting lizards and be shunned by the all the religious tin foil hatters which make up a big chunk of their audience!

I actually thought it was pretty cool. While I am not a fan of gaga's music or pop music in general, I do think she is an extremely talented individual, a true professional at her craft, and just a damn good person.

I was especially displeased with how the host introduced them as Lady Gaga only. Then only Lady Gagas mic was on.... seemed like it was purposefully done

Hard to say 100% if it was intentional because of the lead up comments about starting in a garage. It could have been a reading error.

However, metal is perceived to be the music of working class white guys, so an intentional slight is certainly a possibility given the political bent of the show.

Gaga is a legitimately talented artist and a gifted entertainer. Seeing her perform a few songs with Metallica in a setting other than an awards show would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom