Metallica RAR 2014 Axe-fx II?!!

Ironwill

Experienced
Hey just watching Metallica on tv playing at Rock am Ring 2014 in Germany, sadly iam not there. they use the Axe fx II actual right? Sounds awesome what i hear! :)

Last edited:
I'm watching too and the guitars sound great, axe-fx or not. Even Lars seems to be playing the old songs better than what I've heard from him in a lot of years. The problem for Metallica still seems to be the pitch between acoustic and electric guitars. The Unforgiven and Fade to black just sound so out of pitch from Kirk's side. If I'm playing a solo and my guitar is slightly out of pitch compared to the other guitar, I can compensate with my fingers, not sure why Kirk has this problem... Now back to beer and head banging on the couch:)

I'm watching, too, and I haven't seen/heard them in such a good shape for a long time; you know, James with thin voice/wrong notes, Kirk butchering the solos...

This performance is very different. I'm especially surprised of Kirk; sure, his "trademark vibrato" and wah is there ;) but he played the solos really good. And James is delivering, too.
Only Lars is a bit hasty, but I'm really enjoying them. :)

Didn't saw anything of the amplifiers and other gear(foot controller) they used there but perhaps axe fx II's, sounded brutal at any event!!

Isn't it funny.... Metallica are still selling out concerts after 30 years, but according to all the bedroom weekend warrior guitarists on the internets, they are terrible.....

Maybe you all should stop trying to be the judge and just enjoy the music. If you don't enjoy it, then here's an idea... don't listen and don't comment.

So any answer to the inital question?
I was wondering the same about their RaR performance, as it's been said Metallica played their Antarctica concert completely with Axe-FX IIs.

All guitars and bass were 100% Axe-Fx II.

Awesome!

I guess it has become "normal" to most of us to play through and hear the Axe, so to put it into perspective:

one of the biggest and most influential metal band played the last performance at the final Rock am Ring, rocking 80k + people, using nothing but our beloved black magic box. That's just amazing!

Back
Top Bottom