AFIII Metallica Presets (Hetfield) Axe-Fx III (Updated)

@Zaemo is probably the best judge.
I’d love to have the feed back from no one but James guitar tech ! Even if he says that my tone sucks hahah. But for real many of us would love to hear a little more about what amp models they currently use on their AXEs and at least some sort of general info? Not asking to reveal the secrets or anything that nobody really will ever know.. Cheers everybody ! 🤘

These sound really great overall!! I'd probably do a smidge less chorus on the clean but I love the snap. The rhythm needs a bit more bite in the upper mids. There's more fizz on the live rhythm tone than you'd think.

Here's two clips of me dialing in James's actual live presets for comparison if you want to do some more tweaking, though I believe @Admin M@ and @Zaemo did some more work a few months after these sessions in an onstage environment.

Last edited:
These sound really great overall!! I'd probably do a smidge less chorus on the clean but I love the snap. The rhythm needs a bit more bite in the upper mids. There's more fizz on the live rhythm tone than you'd think.

Here's two clips of me dialing in James's actual live presets for comparison if you want to do some more tweaking, though I believe @Admin M@ and @Zaemo did some more work a few months after these sessions in an onstage environment.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to all my attempts to sound like the live metallica (James specially) and for leaving you feedback ! It really means a lot to me. I was very desinformed about these kind of things. I know you’ve worked for many big touring bands such as Dream Theater, Journey, etc who switched to fractal but was like WOW when I found out you dialed in Metallica’s live presets too and really love this kind of interaction you do in the fractal community ! Thanks for also leaving a sample of James actual sound. Me and many other Met fans and also Fractal users really appreciate that ! Really looking forward for your master class !

Has anyone kept working on the presets?

They streamed a live concert yesterday for these who want to get closer to the tone

Would be lovely if improvements in tone can be shared

Cheers

I’m working on a Metallica preset for an upcoming commercial preset pack (although it will be based on tones from kill em all till the black album). If you want to hear a preview it’s on my Instagram (don’t know if the link will work here..)

Has anyone kept working on the presets?

They streamed a live concert yesterday for these who want to get closer to the tone

Would be lovely if improvements in tone can be shared

Cheers

I’ve been working some more on those but they’re still quiet far from the real deal since it’s hard to get an IR to sound like their cabs. It is really time consuming I think they sound a bit close every time but the levels haven’t been professionally adjusted to say that I’m going to sell them or anything lol. Feel free to check out my most recent presets

hi everybody, could someone tonematch this and convert it into and ir file so Ax8 users could use it? it's hetfields tone isolated

Back
Top Bottom