Metallica MOP Tone

sidsin

Inspired
My first shot at the live tone for metallica - worldwired tour.

Feedback appreciated.

Attachments

• Hardwired.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 119
Small tip - you should probably include details like what guitar you used when building this preset, FW version etc. Otherwise if you (for example) built it on a Strat with single coils, then users would try it with humbuckers and tell you it is too overdriven/boomy etc. Also are you aiming for a specific song in mind (given they have quite a range they play - e.g. Creeping Death sounds very different to Sad But True) or is this more a generic one preset that does it all?

Just setting the scene a little on your side will greatly improve the feedback from users.

EDIT: My gear is all packed away at the mo so I haven't been able to give you any actual feedback on the preset, sorry!

Small tip - you should probably include details like what guitar you used when building this preset, FW version etc. Otherwise if you (for example) built it on a Strat with single coils, then users would try it with humbuckers and tell you it is too overdriven/boomy etc. Also are you aiming for a specific song in mind (given they have quite a range they play - e.g. Creeping Death sounds very different to Sad But True) or is this more a generic one preset that does it all?

Just setting the scene a little on your side will greatly improve the feedback from users.

EDIT: My gear is all packed away at the mo so I haven't been able to give you any actual feedback on the preset, sorry!

Thanks!
I use the LTD Demonolgy guitar which have the EMG Bonebreakers.

The sound I am aiming for is mostly the Hardwired songs and the Kill em all stuff.

Having said that - I’ve attended three Metallica concerts in the last three years -

1. Baltimore - open stadium - was probably somewhere between the front and the middle section. The sound was great! Everything was mostly crystal clear.

2. Milwaukee - indoor basketball stadium- was right up front and 5 mins into the concert I realised it’ll be about seeing my musical idols within touching distance from me, because I wasn’t able to hear anything! It was just loud noise! I was able to follow the songs only because I knew them inside out.

3. S&M night 2 - Sat in level 1 here. The sound was crystal clear.

My aim is to get close to the sound which was present in the first show. It was really full, with just the right amount of gain which gave the heavy downstrokes enough lunch but at the same time the clarity which made every note stand out.

I play it and Metallica tribute band and I do the Kirks parts on the songs.... I’ll try out this preset later and let you n ow what I think. This is my Hetfield clean I started working on today on the AXE 3

This is great!! It reminded me of so many Metallica classics that I had forgotten about! You played them so well and it sounds really close too!

Thanks for sharing it!

Yeah I've tried a few times, but I'm assuming he doesn't want to share.. or he is going to try to sell his presets. Hoping he does share though!

Honestly, I have no issue paying. I'm sure most of us would feel the same. Although, same can be said for finding the tone yourself. I'll record some of my own tones (All stock Fractal blocks - no custom IR's or ToneMatch etc) which I feel already sounds absolutely great. I've gone through a few iterations but I feel that this current preset is the best sounding from my own testing. And I don't use EMG pickups, haven't since I took them out of my snakebyte. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I do love BareKnuckes a heck of a lot more.

Honestly, I have no issue paying. I'm sure most of us would feel the same. Although, same can be said for finding the tone yourself. I'll record some of my own tones (All stock Fractal blocks - no custom IR's or ToneMatch etc) which I feel already sounds absolutely great. I've gone through a few iterations but I feel that this current preset is the best sounding from my own testing. And I don't use EMG pickups, haven't since I took them out of my snakebyte. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I do love BareKnuckes a heck of a lot more.
I mean yeah. I have made my own presets, and they sound good. However, when someone really nails the tone, it's like, that's the tone I have always wanted. I really hope he does share at some point because he is by far the closest to the het tone.

I mean yeah. I have made my own presets, and they sound good. However, when someone really nails the tone, it's like, that's the tone I have always wanted. I really hope he does share at some point because he is by far the closest to the het tone.
I'm going to PM his and offer him a Pizza if he will share his preset. Or a Pizza and some dollarroos might do. I'll update

I personally don’t understand @nicolas galletti
I think the attitude in this forum is having a sharing community or a selling one, I think he could have at least said I am not interesting in sharing or selling not just post asking for opinion and keep it quiet to have his ego massaged.
I’ve seen in Instagram @edo who achieved a great tone for Master of puppets and he sells his presets so maybe he can help the ones looking for that tone
Maybe that can be a 5 minute tone @2112 or a tone challenge for the masters @Burgs or @camilovelandiamusic who will probably do it with a normal guitar and not active pups so that could be easier for most of us? Come on guys can you 3 accept this challenge ?

Here every one knock your selves out. sharing is a way to be. there is no clean channel so you may want to create one but this is a good start

Attachments

• Puppets.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Metallica IR-20200413T175527Z-001.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom