Metallica, Miley Cyrus and Elton John - the mashup you needed but never asked for

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Was watching The Howard Stern Show this morning. It was about the 30 yr anniversary of the Black Album. Elton John joined via Zoom and gave high praises to the band and in particular his love of the song Nothing Else Matters. I've never been a Miley Cyrus fan for the pop beginnings but she's been growing on me with her projects as of late and her collab with Elton John doing an amazing rendition of Nothing Else Matters. She's got a real Stevie Nicks vibe going there. She needs to cross over to Rock more! Elton does the piano intro in the song and its beautiful.

Here's a the youtube of the recorded rendition she does with Elton John et al:

Here's the link to the clip of The Howard Stern Show:

I heard this when it came out, she’s got some vocal range. Approved

Did you see Papa Het when Elton said it is one of the most beautifully written songs. Think he got a little something in his eye. Lol

Checked out a few others on this album...My Friend of Misery as a jazz journey? This kicks some pretty big ass...

I don't know why, but I love Miley. She's unhinged in all the good rock and roll ways. I can see how her voice would not be other's cup of tea, but my estimation is always 'when they start singing, do you know who they are'. She wins every time.

That Stern (who I do despise), is a good roll. Fitting tribute.

I noticed on the Stern and Kimmel performances I saw the Mesa Recto rigs but didn’t notice and AxeFx gear. Have they gone back to a more traditional set up?

I noticed on the Stern and Kimmel performances I saw the Mesa Recto rigs but didn’t notice and AxeFx gear. Have they gone back to a more traditional set up?

The amps are just stage props. The Axe fxs are usually on the side.

Back
Top Bottom