Metallica Live Rig

I was curious if anyone knows about the cabinets Metallica uses on stage for most live gigs. They appear to be specific for when they use their AxeFXIII's. They look like MesaBoogie 4x12's with white grill covers and a single black M (see pictures). I know most people say these are traditional Mesa cabs but they seem to only use them when they are using the AxeFxIII's, when they on occasion pull out the tube heads they use other cabinets. Trying to figure out if they are actually some sort of frfr or something in between. I know they use IEM's and only use these to move some air or get feedback when needed. Just trying to see if maybe there is more to it than a 4x12 with v30's loaded in them....thanks in advance!

Cheers!IMG_0113.JPGIMG_0112.JPG

On talk shows they have tube amps up in back but still are using Axe FxIII's. The white cabs were Mesa for James and Randall for Kirk. The Jimmy Kimmel show they had the Axe fx up way in front with the camera crew and on the Stephen Colbert show they had them just up front on the side.

Back
Top Bottom