Metallica 'Hardwired... to self-destruct' guitar tones, presets and video!

Haha, I'm just joking - I do like the change by not sticking to E for too long, they did the same with Death Magnetic, Puppets, black album, etc.

I still think the breakdown riff in Am I Savage (you know the one, the one with the harmonics and freight-train-chugs) is probably the heaviest moment!

Haha, I'm just joking - I do like the change by not sticking to E for too long, they did the same with Death Magnetic, Puppets, black album, etc.

I still think the breakdown riff in Am I Savage (you know the one, the one with the harmonics and freight-train-chugs) is probably the heaviest moment!

DAT riff!

So cool of you to do these matches Jon! :) I have to listen to the album a bit more but I have to say that I really liked it after the first listen. I honestly think this has the best sounds out of anything Metallica has put out. I got some weird Petrucci vibes from the Moth Into Flame riffs... kind of sounded like Dream Theater trying to sound like Metallica. I mean it's almost the exact same riff:

I also love the attention Metallica is getting now. Although everyone knows who they are I like that they're getting the attention that they well deserve even in main stream PR even though I'm sure many Metallica fans are against all that. :)

Although I'm a fan of Metallica's "early" stuff mostly, this is an awesome video, incredible effort and the presets sound great! Kudos!

Great patches Jon! My favorites so far are Unkind and Self Destruct. I have EMGs too and these tone matches sound more lively than most of my cab sims. Lots of presence in all frequencies. Really heavy yet still layers well. Were you able to tone match any bass tracks from this album?

Great patches Jon! My favorites so far are Unkind and Self Destruct. I have EMGs too and these tone matches sound more lively than most of my cab sims. Lots of presence in all frequencies. Really heavy yet still layers well. Were you able to tone match any bass tracks from this album?

Thanks!
Unfortunately there are no isolated bass parts on the album to tonematch.
I love how the bass sounds on this record though.

Thanks!
Unfortunately there are no isolated bass parts on the album to tonematch.
I love how the bass sounds on this record though.

Ahh, well maybe they will make the bass tracks available at some point. Do you have any favorite bass patches or IRs you can suggest?

Thanks!

Absolutely!
I think the OwnHammer bass IR's are stellar!
I made a video about a bass preset a while back, I hope to make more bass related videos in the future...

Hi John I like the Tone that you got with this all Patches, my problem is I have an AX8 and I just can use the amp settings but I miss the Tone-match, Maybe if you can convert the Tone-match to IR , the AX8 users can we use it all of then. Should be really nice if you can help us.

New Axe FX II XL+ owner so I am a newb but I woud lovr for someone to dumb down downloading the metallica presets

Hi guys!

The new Metallica record has just been released and I'm LOVING it!
I thought I'd make some good old tonematches for you to celebrate this cool occasion!
Please enjoy the video I made to demonstrate these tones:

The preset links are in the description of the video.
Let's talk METALLICA and lets hear some clips!

I finally got the patches and transferred them to my Axefx2, oh my god these patches kick ass! My band is doing "now that were dead. I use out 1 to foh,out2 to matrix to a marshall 4x12b cab with greenbacks.my other guitar player uses a mark V and a 290 power amp and hes jealous of how Fat and kick Ass my Axefx2 sounds with your patches. Thank you thank you

Back
Top Bottom